Given Up Smoking?

terry26rims

My granddad has been smoking since he was 13 and he is now 75 and he is going strong still even gets a kick around now and again, so to be honest i think that smoking shortens your life is just an old wife's tale! If you gonna smoke, smoke some of the green stuff so you get a kick out of it. :P

You are literally the most ignorant person on this forum

Damage from smoking is based on probability though.

Not quite true... if you consider the long term then of course not every smoker will die of lung/throat/mouth cancer or whatever however surely pretty much anyone who smokes more than a few a day will be adversely affected in their day to day health- lung capacity/efficiency, breathlessness etc is basically a side effect of smoking isn't it?

I disagree. Joe O'Connor definitely takes that award for his grasp of evolutionary theory and science.

Haha, if you think that you've obviously not been on the forum long.

What because I have an opinion...?

Don't listen to him haha.

;)

EDIT: Just looked on your profile and I see it says you joined in 2005.

How come your still like a new member?

Edited by hdmackay

;)

:lol: I love you Hunter.

Edited by higgzGU!

It's all mindset.

I'm a "social" smoker, don't ask why but on my way to work I roll along in my car windows down having a fag (and the same on the way home) and really enjoy it, if I go down the pub I'll hang outside with someone I'm talking to and have a fag with them, when I go to a car meet I'll stand about and smoke or if I just fancy a smoke in general. And when I do smoke I enjoy it.

I can flick it on or off, I don't crave a cigarette and I never will because I know I'm in control of myself.

Doesn't mean I pity people who are addicted to nicotine and feel they have to smoke, I'm just making the point that it all varies from person to person.

;)

You're starting an argument you're not going to win Hunter...

Smoking does affect your health, whether its in a small way or a big way. Anyone that says it doesn't is an idiot. My granda died from lung cancer in his early 50's which he most likely would have never got if he didn't smoke.

But aye, you'll notice a difference in how long you can ride for without getting nackered if you quit.

My granddad has been smoking since he was 13 and he is now 75 and he is going strong still even gets a kick around now and again, so to be honest i think that smoking shortens your life is just an old wife's tale!

An old wives tale that costs the NHS millions and millions of £'s a year in illnesses that can be attributed to it? How can you, in any possible way, think that inhaling toxin-laced smoke is going to be good for you?

I'm not starting an argument, just merely mentioning I thought Mike guys post was very stupid.

What was stupid about it exactly? What higgz said was ignorant (but it's ok higgz, i forgive you). Stop being a fanny Hunter and leave it, I know you're sound but you're coming across as an arse.

Edited by David20

Was that at me? 2007 i think. Don't have computer. Have a family can't ride much. Didn't really use the forum till i started comps. I'm 25 man! So late in getting into trials.

What was stupid about it exactly? What higgz said was ignorant (but it's ok higgz, i forgive you). Stop being a fanny Hunter and leave it, I know you're sound but you're coming across as an arse.

Well i'm not meaning to come across as an arse.

Higgs simply stated his opinion and then he gets called 'literally the most ignorant person on the forum'. I thought it was stupid so I said so. No intention to be a fanny or to start an argument atall.

Apologies if you think so.

Yay :lol: I wasn't meaning it is good to smoke I was just meaning that I sort of think that people over exaggerate on how bad it is for you, I know yeah it does cause people trouble but most of my relatives smoke and they all seem to be ok at the minute. Am just saying it from my point of view... Sorry guys.

Ah yeah, that brings me on to reason for hating smoking number 198; people who throw their fag butts out their car windows. Unts.

Having had someone throw a cigarette out of a car window and it bouncy up and hit me in the face I have to agree that its one of the things that really pisses me off.

Anger issues much?! Don't beat about the bush, will you? :P

Having had someone throw a cigarette out of a car window and it bouncy up and hit me in the face I have to agree that its one of the things that really pisses me off.

Yeah exactly. Had one bounce of my chest a while back and thought it was going to go between my legs and burn my troos/tank/seat. Wasn't impressed.

An old wives tale that costs the NHS millions and millions of £'s a year in illnesses that can be attributed to it? How can you, in any possible way, think that inhaling toxin-laced smoke is going to be good for you?
Very true but then why doesn't the government ban smoking period instead of milking the taxes from it?

You sir, are a fanny.

eerrmm.... ok :huh:

Your a 'fanny' for smoking, and i'd say your even more of a 'fanny' for smoking, as your not even addicted and you still choose to do it anyway......ermm... moron!

i mean whats the f ucking point!

why f uckin start in the first place, idiots!