Given Up Smoking?

terry26rims

Im not cool and I smoke. I dont smoke to look cool either.

Smoking is a bad habit most smokers will admit that, and we know its bad for us but its enjoyable. At least it is for me..

Smoking almost feels like a break at times too, doing coursework for hours then going out for a fag is just, again for me, a decent way to chill and take a break.

There will always be haters and haters of haters but thats life.

And of cause smoking can be portrayed in a positive light, is there wasn't any plus sides to smoking then why would 13 Million people in the UK do it ?

Because some assholes told that them it was cool when they were young and they were gullible and stupid enough to buy it. They started smoking for a stupid reason and became addicted. I'm sure that most people who tried to quit smoking know how stupidly hard it is to kick a drug like nicotine.

No matter what you say about the benefits of smoking, they in no way are greater than the consequences of it. If people kept the money that they spent on smoking for a year, they could probably afford to pimp their bikes fairly nicely. That and their lungs don't try to escape their bodies when they cough... Not smoking because it'll kill you isn't a reason as far as I'm concerned, it's the years of complete torture with cancer before you die that's nasty...

Smokers don't seem to know how repulsive it is to be around them though and that is the main reason for me. The fact that some people can't stand to be in the same room as a smoker should say something to them...

Now. I'm finished with serious posts for a while...

Honestly, what the f**k...

I will do say and profess what, who and where I like.

You clearly didn't read what I said, because for starters I have no interest in giving up smoking because I don't need to. I smoke as and when I want, I don't get the urge to smoke but sometimes I do. I can go months without having a cigarette then smoke a pack down the pub no problems.

And of cause smoking can be portrayed in a positive light, is there wasn't any plus sides to smoking then why would 13 Million people in the UK do it ?

I didn't tell you you could not state your view, I said doing so was irresponsible. I didn't make any comment regarding your particular smoking situation, which frankly has no relevance whatsoever. I didn't say smoking couldn't be held in a positive light, I said it was irresponsible to do so.

I think it's clear who hasn't read whose post.

do you know how much effort it takes to make a rollie?

I find not much effort once you can do it. It's light back hopping, once you have nailed it it's a piece of piss. I'm a smoker in the middle of quitting.

I'm on about 2 a day know and hoping to be completely off them by the new year. I'm finding it quite easy but I was never a heavy smoker and I have quit about 2 or 3 times before in the period of about 3 years I have smoked.

I didn't tell you you could not state your view, I said doing so was irresponsible. I didn't make any comment regarding your particular smoking situation, which frankly has no relevance whatsoever. I didn't say smoking couldn't be held in a positive light, I said it was irresponsible to do so.

I think it's clear who hasn't read whose post.

Literally don't care any more, if anybody asks me what smoking is like I will tell them, I f**king love it.

Listening to people with views like yourself just make me want to chain smoke, to the extent that as I'm typing this now I'm sat in my back garden with a smoke saying a big "f**k you" to anybody who tells me it's stupid. Thats the reason I started smoking in the first place, curiosity killed the cat and all that lark and now that it's becoming slightly more socially unacceptable I'm just wanting to do it more often to piss people off.

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Listening to people with views like yourself just make me want to chain smoke, to the extent that as I'm typing this now I'm sat in my back garden with a smoke saying a big "f**k you" to anybody who tells me it's stupid.

I didn't say smoking is stupid. I'm not sure what views it is make you want to chain smoke, but they certainly aren't 'views like mine', because you don't seem to have understood my one simple point.

Coming from a heavy smoker for the last 8 years and also being fairly handy with a bike, I would unfortunately have to agree with the Nico-Nazi's here; smoking does affect your riding. When I was younger and didn't smoke as much I was CLEARLY much fitter and could ride harder and for longer than I can now. The last few comps I did I was getting to the end of sections literally hyperventilating and almost vomiting from oxygen starvation. The damage I have done to my lungs is at an irreparable point and it literally stops me being able to get as much oxygen in as I need, and this is very clearly linked to smoking as opposed to just getting old (I'm 22 for christs sake...)

Yes, there are people who will live to 100 smoking 20 Woodbines a day; I've met many people who have. I've also met many people who have developed cancer or emphysema by the time they're 30. Everything in the medical world is a guideline; everybody is different.

I'm still a smoker, I'm not planning on quitting anytime soon, but I do now have to live with the very real and very long term damage I have already done to myself. The choice is yours; as Irvine Walsh said; "Choose your future, choose life."

The choice is yours.

Rich

I find not much effort once you can do it. It's light back hopping, once you have nailed it it's a piece of piss. I'm a smoker in the middle of quitting.

lol i can roll, very well. i was just making a point about effort compared to just pulling a fag out of a packet

I'd quit, except I don't want to turn into one of those ex smokers.

</troll>

No, but seriously, I know that a person's health and fitness levels will improve over time spent after quitting. But there is the horrible month of coughing up all the shit in your lungs first. I'm debating whether or not to quit again. I've stopped smoking joints, so I'm not likely to reintroduce myself to nicoteine that way. Maybe over christmas. The missus would love if I did.

As for how much it would benefit a person, that's really hard to judge. I figure a lot, but it'll take a fair amount of time to get over mental addiction. Nicotein itself is out of your system within a week or two. The mental dependancy on a smoke to relax is harder to kick. Look forward to munching lots of pens and feeling naked without something in between your fingers.

shut up.

i didnt start to look cool or peer pressure. i started to get as many breaks at work as i possibly could. not really fair, non smokers get zero breaks in a 6 hour shift, but smokers have unlimited breaks. i love it

So your trading in time later for time now? Spose that could be one way of looking at it.

Coming from a heavy smoker for the last 8 years and also being fairly handy with a bike, I would unfortunately have to agree with the Nico-Nazi's here; smoking does affect your riding. When I was younger and didn't smoke as much I was CLEARLY much fitter and could ride harder and for longer than I can now. The last few comps I did I was getting to the end of sections literally hyperventilating and almost vomiting from oxygen starvation. The damage I have done to my lungs is at an irreparable point and it literally stops me being able to get as much oxygen in as I need, and this is very clearly linked to smoking as opposed to just getting old (I'm 22 for christs sake...)

Yes, there are people who will live to 100 smoking 20 Woodbines a day; I've met many people who have. I've also met many people who have developed cancer or emphysema by the time they're 30. Everything in the medical world is a guideline; everybody is different.

I'm still a smoker, I'm not planning on quitting anytime soon, but I do now have to live with the very real and very long term damage I have already done to myself. The choice is yours; as Irvine Walsh said; "Choose your future, choose life."

The choice is yours.

Rich

f**kin hell, you just made me feel a hell of alot better, don't get none of that.........yet

im not a too judgemental person, but i do feel abit dissappointed and shameful when i find out someones a smoker. oddly enough i just found out my supervisor smokes and saw him in a new light :blink: . its like gambling to me, and losing every single time. ill probably never understand why people smoke. as for your fitness levels theyre bound to go up, due to lung capacity id imagine.