Films!?

ogre

skyfall is a great film, everything is pretty solid and makes sense.

SPOILER ****

Hmm made sense.. I know we are the british secret service with an army at our disposal lets drive up to scotland and take refuge in my childhood abandoned house where we will barracade ourselves in with a sawn off shotgun, rig the house up like home alone and rely on santa claus to protect m.....

Edited by i like cunning stunts
  • Like 1

Spoilers too!!

The idea of him them going to Scotland was that it was off record, just between them cause otherwise it wouldn't be allowed to use m as bait and that there silva wouldn't be able to use any of his computer know how.

I can understand why some people don't like mr Craig's bond films with them not being typical traditional bond films but I suppose they are kind of keeping with the times, I.e being more realistic as that's what more people want to see

Lawless is a quality film about 3 brothers who are bootleggers in american country 1930s well worth a watch!

watched the dark knight rises too, hope there is a batman and robin type of movie would be ace.

Anyone know of any gangster,mob movies that are worth watching?

SPOILER ****

Hmm made sense.. I know we are the british secret service with an army at our disposal lets drive up to scotland and take refuge in my childhood abandoned house where we will barracade ourselves in with a sawn off shotgun, rig the house up like home alone and rely on santa claus to protect m.....

I'm with you on this. I loved they went up to Glencoe but it doesn't really make any sense. I know they wanted him to follow them for once, rather than the other way round, but to be an Mi6 agent and drive all that way completely unprepared not knowing how Bardem would arrive (with who and with what) is plain silly. I enjoyed the film but left thinking a lot of it was 'silly' - it's the only apt word I could think to use to sum it up. Also from Battersea to Glencoe is a 500 mile journey - that old car would have broken down!

Lawless is a quality film about 3 brothers who are bootleggers in american country 1930s well worth a watch!

I thought Lawless was cool - it was nice to see a screenplay from Nick Cave and his Western soundtracks are always particularly good. Tom Hardy's acting in it is a real good example of strong, minimal acting and outside of constructive things to ad, the red-haired girl is plain lovely. The young transformer dude was actually pretty decent too.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On the subject of films, http://instantrimshot.com/index.php?sound=wilhelmscream&play=true.

This scream crops up in loads of films, it's like a film meme. It's funny to notice it. It's in The Hobbit!

It's also in the Two Towers, a guy falls off the wall during the battle for Helms Deep.

It's also in one of the Rambo films, but I can't remember which.

Django

Saw loads of people hyping it up on facebook and Quentin is my favourite director so I was hoping for good things.

I was quite disappointed, I thought it was going to be good after the first 20 mins or so, but after that it went a little stale. I felt like it should have ended a little earlier, I never really liked many characters (except the German dude) and there seemed to be a few gaps in the story (a back story for Django would have been cool, could have explained how he was such a good shot too).

I'd give it about a 6/10