Films!?

ogre

Scott pilgrim vs the world is amazing!! Loved it so much.

Kinda weird one though. One of my sisters hated it and walked out half way through (she's a bit blonde though) but my other sister loved it as much as I did and came to see it with me for the second time.

Go See It!! :)

scott pilgrim vs the world, what a waste of time tha was. wortst film iv ever had the displeasure of seeing.

I thought it was quite funny, but then i was pretty much target audience for all the geeky jokes.

I think it worked so long as you went in knowing it was going to be a load of different comedic sketches shoved into a film length with an overall generic love triangle plot with a plausibly over abundance of visual and audio 'cartoon-style' effects. If you weren't expecting that i can understand why you'd be a bit underwhelmed.

Huh...

What the hell, that's totally not worth seeing. f**king rip... I read in Empire how he had an hour's worth of footage that got cut from the film, it was meant to go on the front to explain more of the background of Jake Sulley and things. I later heard it was going to be rereleased with that extra bit... obviously not.

Yeah this Avatar thing is really retarded. I mean 8 minutes? Couldnt that just be like deleted scenes in a special edition of the dvd, Avatar was a great film, but im not going to see it for 8 minutes.

The 8 mins will be spread out the whole film, you will barely remember/notice what bits were there and what weren't, right?

Huh...

What the hell, that's totally not worth seeing. f**king rip... I read in Empire how he had an hour's worth of footage that got cut from the film, it was meant to go on the front to explain more of the background of Jake Sulley and things. I later heard it was going to be rereleased with that extra bit... obviously not.

Sorry no i got it wrong, it is longer than that.

9 minutes.

But these are all compliments that could be paid to the original cut of the film, which brings us to the central problem with Avatar: Special Edition - the additional footage is largely inconsequential.

The much discussed scene of alien copulation is mere seconds long, and is far less steamy than some were probably hoping. Elsewhere, there's an extra hunting scene, a brief sequence that shows an early retaliation from the Na'vi, prompting Colonel Quaritch's tree-wrecking expedition. Perhaps the most notable new moment occurs close to the end in a mercy killing that adds more melodrama where the end credits should be.

As opposed to, say, the extended cuts of Aliens, Terminator 2 or The Abyss, the new scenes add little of particular note to everything we've already seen. There's nothing here of the magnitude of The Abyss' excised tidal wave, or even the trimmed sentry gun scene of Aliens.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/574243/avatar_special_edition_review.html

Watched an immense film called 'Stay' last night.

Synopsis:

A man struggling to save the life of another finds himself drawn into a strange netherworld he didn't know existed in this stylish thriller. Sam Foster (Ewan McGregor) is a psychiatrist living in New York City with his girlfriend, Lila Culpepper (Naomi_Watts), who was once one of his patients. However, it's another one of his patients who becomes the focus of his obsessions when Henry Letham (Ryan_Gosling), a disturbed young man whom Foster took over from a colleague, announces during a session that he intends to commit suicide in three days, on his 21st birthday. Sam takes the threat quite seriously and tries to track down Henry, who seems to have disappeared. Sam speaks to a number of Henry's friends and acquaintances -- his mother (Kate_Burton), the man he claimed was his father, Dr. Leon Patterson (Bob_Hoskins), a waitress who regularly served Henry at the coffee shop where she works (Elizabeth_Reaser), and his former therapist Dr. Beth Levy (Janeane_Garofalo). As Sam talks to people in Henry's circle, he finds he's learning more about himself than the man he's supposed to save, and he begins to drift into an emotional netherworld where the supposedly dead and the living cross paths. Stay was directed by Marc_Forster, who had previously enjoyed breakthrough hits with two very different films, Monster's_Ball and Finding_Neverland.

Kind of on a similair vibe to the machinist. Really well shot and stylish as well as trippy and deep (one for the Ben Rowland's out there).

Highly recommended.

"A Prophet"

It's a French film about prison, drug deals, Italians, Arabs, Egyptians, razor blades, dope, BMW's...

But not shit like generic Hollywood action films. It's 2 and a half hours long so pretty lengthy, but well worth it. Rather than a standard action film it has a lot to follow and I'd only suggest watching if you like to think about films and are happy to read subtitles. It's no Jason Statham film, that's for sure.

Is it this month or next month that Paranormal Activity 2 comes out?

Edit: Google says 22nd of October, scrap that idea then...

Watched Shooter, Jarhead and Blade 1/2/3 yesterday. All pretty good, shooter being the best!

And rewatched the Italian job (2003 one..) Such a cool film.

Edited by Adam-Griffin

Is it this month or next month that Paranormal Activity 2 comes out?

Oh my god! That film was goooooood. Its a shame that it will probably turn out like the texas chainsaw massacre - base one on the real true story then make up a few more that didnt happen. Not saying the TCM or PA happened, but it was based on a true story. Still, sounds good.

Edited by modifiedridah2k9