Your Picture On Your Cv!

MikeCottTrials

Bad idea - there is no need for it and it allows them to judge if you get in your interview based on your appearance.

It might make your CV stand out, but all for the wrong reasons. I know by 'law' they're not allowed to discriminate against race, age or gender, but they do, it's a fact of life and no amount of bra burning women is ever going to change that.

Hmm I think I might try a couple of applications with one just to see if it stirs up a storm.

I need to try something different, at the moment I'm getting no where very slowly

Then If you're getting nowhere surely it's not because you haven't included a picture of yourself, but how you've written your CV or how you've structured/worded your covering letter that you have(n't) included. I'd look at those two things, give it to any professionals that you may know and see how they would improve it. There is a very distinct method and art to writing a good CV.

I'd never put mine on my CV, they're employing you on how good you are at your job, not how awesome your hair is. I did mine online, so it's not a typical printed CV, but I'd still not whack a pic on there. http://csswizardry.com/cv/

…You can see it here if your interested :)My CV

That's bloody nice is that!

Edited by Bronz

Don't. Especially if your ginger.

I'd never put mine on my CV, they're employing you on how good you are at your job, not how awesome your hair is. I did mine online, so it's not a typical printed CV, but I'd still not whack a pic on there. http://csswizardry.com/cv/

I think your employment history needs updating harry :)

That's bloody nice is that!

Cheers bro. I went for a different approach to mine to make it stand out from the pile.

As it was kind of a more fun, laid out kind of cv I felt it would be good to used an image. Some may think it was a bad idea, but I personally felt it fitted nicely in there :)

Cheers bro. I went for a different approach to mine to make it stand out from the pile.

As it was kind of a more fun, laid out kind of cv I felt it would be good to used an image. Some may think it was a bad idea, but I personally felt it fitted nicely in there :)

Question is, as friggin awesome as it looks, did it get you any jobs?

That's a completely different ball game though, you're a designer so the CV isn't quite as formal...

Actually yeah, that's very true…

Yeah, they're nice.

A few months ago when there was a chance I could be made redundant I made these (the RSVP section is perforated and can be torn off and posted back):

2rws4sh.jpg

9jkis1.jpg

2na1ema.jpg

Though I was kept on so I've got 20 of these lying at home gathering dust haha.

Question is, as friggin awesome as it looks, did it get you any jobs?

Sadly I havn't had the chance to send any out yet. Im not quite sure how im gonna fit studio hours around course hours. But will be sending off soon to see the response.

Sadly I havn't had the chance to send any out yet. Im not quite sure how im gonna fit studio hours around course hours. But will be sending off soon to see the response.

Id be interested as to it's efficiency - it must be pretty expensive compared to a normal CV... I hope, and am sure, it will work for you. It looks great.

Id be interested as to it's efficiency - it must be pretty expensive compared to a normal CV... I hope, and am sure, it will work for you. It looks great.

I'll be sure to keep you updated on how it works :) Thankfully I have my own a3 printer so I print it myself at home. Thanks for the vote of positivity :)