Amazing Trailer Video From Russia

mixmaker

Melodramatic video is melodramatic.

dont agree with that what so ever, to me he looks like he WILL be the next big thing, absolutly sick riding there dude, drop gaps are some of the biggest iv seen :blink:

this guy goes in my list of riders to look out for in the future, sick sick man

I wasn't saying anything at all about the standard of riding or anything like that, just how incredibly dramatic the actual video itself was. Just seems a bit OTT for a trailer. Whether any online video needs a trailer is a totally different subject for a totally different topic...

dont agree with that what so ever, to me he looks like he WILL be the next big thing, absolutly sick riding there dude, drop gaps are some of the biggest iv seen :blink:

Just spotted this - again, calling that video melodramatic wasn't me saying anything at all about his riding or whether he'll be 'the next big thing'. I was exclusively talking about the video itself. I've never been a fan of overly dramatic riding videos, and I'm not really a fan of trailers either, so it just didn't really do much for me. Obviously it'd be cool to see the whole video, but it would be cool to see that vid whether I'd seen this or not. If he is, as everyone's saying, "the next big thing" then the quality of his actual video will mean more people will hear about it. Danny's video was the biggest video there's ever been in the trials world, and there wasn't a single trailer for that. I'm not comparing the two or anything, but all the best videos I've ever seen and that I would say have had an impact on trials haven't had some OTT trailer.

Still, looking forward to the full video...

its a trailer, obviously its gonna be melodramatic?!

Why "obviously"? I've seen trailers before that have just been people messing around, falling off, etc. that just give a hint as to the vibe and some of the riding of the video. They don't have to have super dramatic music and all that sorta stuff...

^i guess, but usually trailers are made to advertise, get people excited and hyped for a video.. So it needs some melodrama clips to get emotions going, be it funny messing around clips, hard crashes or massive gaps... Even though i have to agree with you that its a bit unnecessary to make trailers for 3 minute videos, i just like them cos they make me want to go ride and get me excited about trails in general!

but yeah haha, let's just hope he doesnt make us wait for the video too long ^^

I wasn't saying anything at all about the standard of riding or anything like that, just how incredibly dramatic the actual video itself was. Just seems a bit OTT for a trailer. Whether any online video needs a trailer is a totally different subject for a totally different topic...

I know you weren't slating the riding, i was just saying a comedic trailer probably wouldn't have worked with the same effect given the sheer scale of his riding. His riding is huge, scary and dramatic. Kinda fits to follow that theme for the trailer. Maybe the recent 'rob dougan - slow mo everything, black and white style' of the past couple of years that was being used for peoples trailers for upcoming vids in which the main focus was them sidehopping curbs has jaded our view on the whole trailer concept. For this one it actually seems kind of reasonbable, especially if the upcoming video follows the recent trend of videos that are approaching 10 minutes in length.

I want to see the video now, as i'm sure a lot of people do. If they only link to it through the sponsors website he's done a pretty good job of drumming up traffic for his sponsor, which is the whole reason for releasing it really.

• 1 month later...

Whether any online video needs a trailer is a totally different subject for a totally different topic...

woah - missed this on round1

to be honest I agree with the above, unless he is intending to sell said video (which would be pretty mental I think)? A trailer just seems pointless...

his drop gap skills are pretty epic mind.

and yeah - hurry up already