New From Trialtech...

Mark W

I don't know the exact weights but from picking them up they're reasonably light. I don't think there's a specific rider they're aimed at as they'd be fine for pretty much any type of riding - they're just an entry into the more high end hub market from the looks of things.

If you wanted to get comp/weight weenie mode you could switch out that M10 driveside bolt for a ProBolt Ti bolt (and the M6 non-drive bolt too :P) and you'd save a reasonable amount of weight and still have a hub that isn't going anywhere...

Love that M10 drive side bolt as it almost certainly gets rid of the rear wheel moving even w/ snail cams. With my Hope Hub bolts I never had that problem.

How are the bearings compared to the ones Echo uses? The Echos are shitty as hell. Even when new they are rough and the wheel doesn't spin for a very long time.

Edited by niconj

Cool beans. I'll get some Trialtech ones for my next build then. Hope they aren't too expensive though.

btw. Why aren't there any orange Trialtech refills? Nobody wants the plastic backings anyways and it would be cheaper as well.

Psst

They're pretty easy to fit in heatsink backings if you're good with a scalpel.

I know, I fitted mine to TNN backings but still... would be nicer to have them w/o the plastic backings and over here in Germany, the Heatsink yellows are cheaper than the Trialtechs so I assume they could be the same or lower price even, when produced w/o backings.

I know, I fitted mine to TNN backings but still... would be nicer to have them w/o the plastic backings and over here in Germany, the Heatsink yellows are cheaper than the Trialtechs so I assume they could be the same or lower price even, when produced w/o backings.

You do realise pads are probably like 20p each to make if that?

• Like 1

I very much doubt they cut by hand, the smooth surface only gets worn off as the pads bed in anyway. Maybe Trialtech don't want to sell a product that relies you to stick the pad material correctly into backings that they don't manufacture or have any control over?

Nobody wanting plastic backings is a little bit a general sweeping statement don't you think? You might not, but i'm sure that there are plenty of people that run these pads as they are sold and perfectly happy with them.

But aren't they cut by hand on the brake surface side? They weren't very level and a little rough on the surface. Not like Heatsinks or Tnns.

As far as I'm concerned heatsink prints sheets of polyurethane and cuts them down by hand with a scalpel, I believe this is true because I've seen him sell pad sheets with cutting guidelines before.

The "Individually hand made to ensure the best quality products" is probably just doing finishing touches.

As far as I'm concerned heatsink prints sheets of polyurethane and cuts them down by hand with a scalpel, I believe this is true because I've seen him sell pad sheets with cutting guidelines before.

The "Individually hand made to ensure the best quality products" is probably just doing finishing touches.

Heatsink yellows and blues are the liquid style polyurethanes poured into a mould. I know this because I asked the man himself at radfest last year when I was making my own pads. The old heatsink red and snowies are a sheet of pre made material. Liquid polyurethane is alot easier to make into a mould, its a lot less labour intensive. The stuff you have to cut is a ball ache unless you to used to doing it, and is a b*****d to get to the right shape, hence why I suspect coust makes pads like he does

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, others who have been in touch have said the same. As stated, any issues have been isolated (and, from what I can tell, limited to the top riders in the world - even then it's just the forks haven't been lasting as long as the prototype sets) so most forks will be absolutely fine, it's just Trialtech want to 100% ensure rider safety.

Extra info has been added recently:

Update 2:10pm: The offer of a refund or replacement items is open until the end of April 2014, no matter how old your forks are at this date. However, we understand if you wish to continue to use the fork should you have had no problems so far, but we must stress that this would be at your own risk. Once the end of April 2014 has passed, any forks outside of the normal 6 month warranty period will not qualify for the recall scheme.

• 2 weeks later...

I might got an erection about the new sportlite items at tarty

I did not wanted a proper trials bike till now, but they are soooo light and sexy

Edited by UKHippY
  • Like 1