Mark And Stan - Summer 2010

Mark W

That has my vote as my favorite vid of the year by miles.

I am loving the direction trials is heading.

Epic!

The thing is these chaps form a minority of people that are approaching trials in this way. As far as I can tell, 24" riding, and especially this variety, is dying off. TGS dominates. I'm glad people enjoy TGS and what not but it would be awesome to have more people doing what Mark and Stan are doing.

As far as I can tell, 24" riding, and especially this variety, is dying off.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's dying off - if anything, it hasn't really had a chance to take off yet! There are more, better 24" specific bits out now than there's ever been in the past, and therefore there's less to hold people back apart from their imagination. I think the only reason it might seem to be in a bit of a slump is just that there's so many TGS videos released all the time, but there's usually a bit of a wait for 24" vids. If anything, the 24 Tour showed there's still people who want to do this sort of riding out there, they're just a bit more under the radar.

Looking forward to seeing how street frames develop too, I have reason to believe good things are about to occur in the 24" market that'll make 24s better than ever, especially for more BMXy/streety sort of moves.

EDIT: ...and thanks Matt, glad you liked it!

That was really cool, man.

I liked it.

I didn't realise you (Mark) were quite that good :$

What sort of ratio does Stan ride the Inspired:whatever his comp bike at the moment is?

I hate to say it, 'cause I generally end up with lots more scrapes and bruises than normal (:P) - but it's kind of made me want to set the Leeson up for brakeless again, rather than for DJs.

Haha, thanks :)

Stan's still riding his Orange Sky - the ratio sorta depends on where we ride, whether he's filming for anything in particular, if he's got a flat on the other bike which is therefore going to take him a month to fix (:P), etc. The past few weeks have been pretty much just on the 24 though, we've been riding loads and going to quite a few different places to get some clips done.

Further to my previous post about riding 'n' stuff, we've both already thought of more stuff for the next video, which we sort of held back from this one to try and make it all fit in better. Gotta learn some new moves and tricks first to get it all going in the right direction, but I'm really excited to see what's going to happen with it :)

Haha, thanks :)

Stan's still riding his Orange Sky - the ratio sorta depends on where we ride, whether he's filming for anything in particular, if he's got a flat on the other bike which is therefore going to take him a month to fix (:P), etc. The past few weeks have been pretty much just on the 24 though, we've been riding loads and going to quite a few different places to get some clips done.

Only 3 days...

But yeah I'm still riding the 26" mainly on natural though.

Thanks for comments so far.

Can't wait to start filming the next one, if it's as much fun as this one was.

That was really sweet guys! Mark- I can't remember the last time I saw a proper vid of you riding but damn you're handy on that Inspired! The BMX style really comes through but with a hell of a lot of control and trials power too- very impressed.

The video had a really nice fun, flowy feel to it- downloaded for future reference :).

I wouldn't necessarily say it's dying off - if anything, it hasn't really had a chance to take off yet! There are more, better 24" specific bits out now than there's ever been in the past, and therefore there's less to hold people back apart from their imagination. I think the only reason it might seem to be in a bit of a slump is just that there's so many TGS videos released all the time, but there's usually a bit of a wait for 24" vids. If anything, the 24 Tour showed there's still people who want to do this sort of riding out there, they're just a bit more under the radar.

Looking forward to seeing how street frames develop too, I have reason to believe good things are about to occur in the 24" market that'll make 24s better than ever, especially for more BMXy/streety sort of moves.

Well, I certainly hope you're right. Having more of a 'scene' would certainly make that scene more enjoyable. More 24" riders to ride with and more videos to inspire would be awesome.

Anyway, this sort of video definitely contributes to positive change. Again, good stuff.

You guys give me real hope that everything I love and believe is special about trials is still alive and hasn't been lost to nothing but static moves and weight saving.

To see a video where bikes actually roll is incredible in itself but a video this good is something truly special. It amazes me how many 'bicycle videos' debt actually feature any momentum or movement other than upwards.

Moves aside (which were something in themselves) I think this videos real success is how well it captures and portrays a love for riding and to me epitomises everything great about biking and I certainly look forward to any more to come.