gu trials

Gap: 7-8 foot.

Tap: 7-8 pallets

Sidehop: 8-9 pallets

Sidehop gap: 7 foot

Up to front: 8-9 pallets

Gap to front: 8-9 feet

Style, smoothness and creativity: Endless

In all seriousness though, those are pretty safe margins you've put up. I think people should always try to achieve more, isn't constant progression one of the key elements to trials?

average height of a pallet please?! being a city centre dweller...i never ride them!

quite an interesting topic, as a beginner its nice to know what sorts of heights/distances are considered pretty respectable

of course i agree that pushing them is still needed, but obviously the improvement when you get towards that level is going to be in smaller increments

9 pallets is big! I remember there being a video of a guy doing 10 pallets and everyone was like SICK and then other people said, 'Er, his rear wheel was only half on that pallet, it's 9 1/2.'

Big for sidehops, I missed that out.

Edited by Revolver

9 pallets is bloody big for anything. You were right before the edit!

its not big for going off lol.

Sidehopping 9 pallets is something very little riders can actualy do.

My goals i hope to acheive before im too old for trials (lol) is...

Rolling Pedal Hop: 5 or 6 pallets

Side'op: 6 pallets

Gap up (pedal kick up, whatever) 5 pallets.

side to back: 4 pallets

Thats me being realistic of hopefully what i will acheive... hopefully :lol:

surely you can still have fun at the same time as being curious about how you measure up?!

if anything, a small insight like this is good for a beginner whos curious about where their comparative weak points are....and perhaps which techniques to work on if they are keen to improve in an all round way

That's a bit vague to be honest. Every rider is different and will have different goals. It's unfair to say to someone that they're under average 'cause they can't sidehop x amount of pallets.

Well said

Measuring things by their relation to something else? What is this, the stone age?

If you care about what you can achieve, spend a few quid:

women-tape-measure.jpg

This is also a damn sight easier than carrying around 9 pallets to measure with...

This is the exact reason why trials is turning gay, it is just weird.

Everyone wants to know how that they are progressing but I personally don't believe you can measure this with a tape.

In my opinion it totally ruins trials.

I mean at the end of the day trials riding is about completing sections, be they on natural sections or street sections, not hopping up a wall/pallets for hours.

Having said that it is whatever you want it to be so if TGS is your thing then thats cool and it certainly helps to improve the muscles you need to use for 'proper' trials.

I think TGS vids are a funny thing, some of them are just shite while others are just amazing.

surely you can still have fun at the same time as being curious about how you measure up?!

if anything, a small insight like this is good for a beginner whos curious about where their comparative weak points are....and perhaps which techniques to work on if they are keen to improve in an all round way

I am disappointed I can only sidehop 5 pallets :rolleyes:

9 pallets is bloody big for anything. You were right before the edit!

This is true.

I can sidehop about 3 pallets.

I can tap probably 5 pallets maybe.

Pedal-up and bunnyhop about the same.

And I can gap... just over wheelbase on a good day. :D

I can do one cool thing which is a 180 pedal-up.

9 pallets are huge, i can sidehop 8 and i dont even want to try to sidehop 9 yet it is so much a difference when you are up in the high things, but i think i have a lot of time, ive been riding for about 23 months.

Sorry for my bad spelling, i from denmark so i don´t write that much English:)

Who cares about height and distances, as long as you are having fun on a bike nothing else matters...

I was actualy about to post that. I know people who are like 'i wont be able to do this, i can sidehop 30 inches but 31 is a big step... Oh my god i did it! I AM GOD.'

Haha, and gaps are actualy quite easy, i can easily do 6foot. (not flat to flat)

Haha, and gaps are actualy quite easy, i can easily do 6foot. (not flat to flat)

It get exponentially harder though. Easy to do a 6 foot flat to flat gap. But adding an inch onto that gets harder and harder as it gets bigger.

This is a bullshit topic anyway.