Triton Deema

forteh

Its been a while since I put any photos up and the spec has changed alittle.

Weight is a fair bit heavier, but dont notice it whilst riding and the extra stability from the rain king over the rubber queen (where all the weight has come from) far outweighs the extra 300g on the back wheel :)

Currently 9.1kg.

Geometry is 1085wb, +35bb, 385cs, 72°ha, dont know the reach off the top of my head. Rides very flicky with a fair amount of spring in it, some people complain it feels too light though >_<

Sorry for the crap photos, theyre off my phone

09022011448.JPG

09022011450.JPG

09022011449.JPG

09022011451.JPG

09022011452.JPG

Homemade tensioner

09022011453.JPG

09022011447.JPG

If you want a speclist just ask :)

Its been a while since I put any photos up and the spec has changed alittle.

Weight is a fair bit heavier

Forteh in adding weight shocker :o

To be fair that bike rides really lightly and needed some extra beef any way :P Always loved the look of it though and I wouldn't say no if you were getiing rid of it ;)

Forteh in adding weight shocker :o

To be fair that bike rides really lightly and needed some extra beef any way :P Always loved the look of it though and I wouldn't say no if you were getiing rid of it ;)

I know, think I need to go have a lie down* :(

But I do have a stable rear tyre so its all good, and to be brutally honest, at my level of riding (about gutter level I think is fair) you cant really notice the extra couple of hundred grams.

If I ever get rid then Ill bear you in mind :)

*I could easily get it sub 9kg again with the addition of a lightweight rear tube and a set of carbon bars, alloy nipples and a ti/al fasteners would save a fair amount aswell.

Good to see its still going! Gotta be 6 or so years old now?

Pretty sure its and 06 frame, the oldest components are about 15 years old now, average component age has to be at least 5 years!

Still got no dents and only a couple of minor scufs :)

Cheers for all the comments peoples, have to get out riding more this year :)

Ive never seen another triton in the flesh, its always a point of interest, often people recognise the bike but havent got a clue who I am :D

Tris, to be fair its weight I should have had to start with, the stability of the rain king is just lovely compared to constantly fighting with the rubber queen.

This is stunning! Really like the idea of that tensioner too. looks really strong.

Whats going on with the non-drive side on the king? Some sort of spline?

Its a disk tab mount, king hubs have removable disc mounts for some reason.

Almost right, its an old disgotech hub that king now call the universal. Basically there is a bolt on disk adaptor that can be changed if you want to change disk bolt pattern - I think its legacy design from when not all disk manufacturers adhered to the ISO standard. King do dedicated disk hubs aswell

Looks pretty ratty. A nice bike in disguise ;)

Pfft :P

Almost right, its an old disgotech hub that king now call the universal. Basically there is a bolt on disk adaptor that can be changed if you want to change disk bolt pattern - I think its legacy design from when not all disk manufacturers adhered to the ISO standard. King do dedicated disk hubs aswell

Pfft :P

I knew what i meant :P

The bike is stunning, i have a naughty titanium fetish.

Wooow! The old Triton! One of the earliest! Glad it's still running!

I will be glad to offer you a new frame with a discount as you are the retro owner :)

PS: I guess nobody knows what "Deema" stands for ;)

Hehe, Im far from a retro owner, Ive only had the frame for 30 months now, it is one of the original frames from 06 though :)

Unfortunately I cant see me braking it, Im no where near good enough!! Geometry and weight suits me just right aswell.

Actually what does 'Deema' mean? Always wondered if there was a story behind the name.