Danny Macaskill Documentary

Matthew62

Really enjoyed it. Loch Lomond playing live afterwards was awesome too, they've got the skills! Pretty weird setup though, strange having red carpets, big queues, loads of random corporate/media types and the like everywhere all to watch one video about someone making a video riding their bike. Danny was lurking with us for some of the night and it was weird how there was a sort of procession of media guys just bringing people over and introducing people to Danny constantly. Didn't seem like it was much fun, but I guess getting to make the video probably made up for it...

Cool documentary though, surprisingly good in all honesty. Some cringe-worthy stuff but talked about some genuinely interesting stuff, and the different angles/back-ground shots were cool too.

even the getting lost part?

I really enjoyed the night, it was really cool to have Loch Lommond there to play live! The documentary was actually pretty cool (though could have benefited without the interviewee being a bit cringe-worthy at times). It's really good to see behind the scenes and see the characters of people involved as well as the hard work and planning that went into it.

I also thought it was really funny that Danny's van had a parking ticket outside the venue.

watched it this morning(morning for me area) live on red bull tv. the whole show was damn good.

danny is really a down to earth guy. With all his videos showing all his spectacular riding, he could have just keep all his fails hidden maintaining his image of the holy legendary. how many people would actually come out and say that each line actually took hours of tries and countless of fails before nailing it?

people who falls and laugh really love what they do :)

I've taken the bait....

why would you say he's not a trials rider? I know it's maybe putting him in a box saying he is, but his last video had hooks, gaps (including some gap drops most TGS riders would be proud of), sidehops, wheels swaps on rails and natural. I would say that was trials.

Danny macaskill is NOT a trials biker (N)

You've started it now Tom!

So does that mean people like Ali C and Sean Watson are not trials riders when they are riding brakeless? Even me when I am mucking about not using the brakes like I was yesterday after you went and it was just Me, Dylan and Rob out. Surely we need to stop categorizing trials so rigorously and accept that everybody has their own take on the sport?

Just a thought

James

• Like 1

Danny macaskill is NOT a trials biker (N)

So let's assume you're right - don't you find it even the teensiest, tiniest bit ironic that Danny's become substantially more famous as a 'trials rider' than any of the 'genuine' trials riders who are all striving and craving fame as much as they do? Considering all Danny did was just ride and make a couple of videos, when you compare the level of 'fame' he's reached in comparison to the levels of those who are out all the time trying to spread their name around and trying to make the loudest noise possible, it amuses the shit out of me.

• Like 1

Ive rode 24inch trials/street for years and hav always wanted to see wat direction it will go. Danny is putting it into a new catogory, like mixing trials/street and man made and also freeride. Its where it belongs and shud be pushed too.

Just be glad that we hav sumone thats not scared of doing this, i hanged out with danny when we did the Redbull hill chasers the other wkd, and we chatted for ages. All he wants to do is ride his bike and hav fun.

Im just saying What I think :- . he does to much spinny thingys and tailwhips.

Im sorry if i offended macaskill fans ;). but I do have to addmit some times he does alot of trials

As in gaps,jumping on stuff(via pedal kick),side hops and hooks. but mostly he does street. im no hater of him I think he's awsome

Its just my opinion

Tom

Edited by F.N.G

What are you trying to say? What point is it you're making? It just seems like an unintelligent rant with no real substance...

He is sometimes not a trials rider.....he sometimes is a trials rider.... so is he a sometimes trials rider? Who gives a screw what the discipline's category is called by wastes of space such as yourself. That sexy young man from Skye is out riding his bike, having fun doing what he loves, and you....well you're just a moany old woman trying to put every mother f**ker in a box - and what good will ever come of that?

My suggestion to you is.... shut the f**k up, go jump up a wall sideways and feel that surge of elitism as you my friend are a proper trials rider! Something Danny Macaskill will never be. Enjoy your little club shitface!

• Like 2