Danny Macaskill Documentary

Matthew62

What are you trying to say? What point is it you're making? It just seems like an unintelligent rant with no real substance...

He is sometimes not a trials rider.....he sometimes is a trials rider.... so is he a sometimes trials rider? Who gives a screw what the discipline's category is called by wastes of space such as yourself. That sexy young man from Skye is out riding his bike, having fun doing what he loves, and you....well you're just a moany old woman trying to put every mother f**ker in a box - and what good will ever come of that?

My suggestion to you is.... shut the f**k up, go jump up a wall sideways and feel that surge of elitism as you my friend are a proper trials rider! Something Danny Macaskill will never be. Enjoy your little club shitface!

? You need to calm down. why are you so aggresive over some ones opinion, I mean come on There was no need for that. I like danny im not a hater Im just saying I think he is half and half. half street, half trials

Edited by F.N.G

I t'aint being agressive at all. Just a bit 'o' fun for you.

It's intended with a tone of good humour. I do think what you're saying is completely pointless and i'm confused as to what you're getting at - but in all honesty i'm just having a jibe back and whatever i say is meant in a light-hearted tone.

My comment is basically saying exactly what you're doing (if you get me).... being unnecessary, uninformed and pointless - i'm just being the antagonist to balance out your comments.

I mean you no harm my friend - but cummon' can't we all just ride our bikes however yeah....

I t'aint being agressive at all. Just a bit 'o' fun for you.

It's intended with a tone of good humour. I do think what you're saying is completely pointless and i'm confused as to what you're getting at - but in all honesty i'm just having a jibe back and whatever i say is meant in a light-hearted tone.

My comment is basically saying exactly what you're doing (if you get me).... being unnecessary, uninformed and pointless - i'm just being the antagonist to balance out your comments.

I mean you no harm my friend - but cummon' can't we all just ride our bikes however yeah....

I completly aggree with you, in fact I have confused myself.at the end of the day we are all trials bikers. even if you do ride a 24" and do a little bit of streety moves.

No hard feelings right (Y). Sorry if I confused anyone else :S

Edited by F.N.G

Tom!

The word "trials" is just a noise or symbol to indicate certain goings on in the world. What goings on are indicated are made up by us.

In fairness words do come with certain rules but the rules are not fixed (as we make them up). Trials can become a broader term to include a more bmx style, if we want. Nowt really lost by doing so. Particularly when we have adjuncts like 24"/street/tgs/comp etc. to better qualify the more specifics of "trials".

Basically debating over what is and isn't trials, as if it actually says something about reality rather than just refering to it, doesn't really get you anywhere.

Whatever though. I'm just a bike rider who likes hanging out with other bike riders that typically have rigid bikes and bashguards. I'm not sure what really needs to be said beyond that. There's hardly a need to be philosophical about riding. Rather you just ride and have a good time; whatever that means for you.

Particularly when we have adjuncts like 24"/street/tgs/comp etc. to better qualify the more specifics of "trials".

This is such an important point. What Danny does could probably be best pigeon holed as 'street trials'. There's also 'comp trials', 'tgs trials' etc. They are all trials, which is essentially just getting to point b from point a without putting your feet down. Some people then choose to put spins in for giggles, some people prefer to just go big. Horses for courses, but we all ride trials.

Everytime this debate comes up I stay out for as long as I can, but I just can't say nothing :(

wasn't there that clip of him doing a front flip onto a beach quite a while before "way back home" came out?

I realize that that clip was filmed by a member of the public and could have actually been before he went to the castle.

Just seem odd even if it is Danny that you can do that massive line the day you learn front flips :blink:

Way back home has been filmed over a very long period of time. So The one on the beach may of been after the clip at the castle was filmed.

Also all Danny's life he has been the first one to give anything a try. If your thinking I wonder if you can jump over that Danny is already half way down the run up.

• 4 weeks later...

Way back home has been filmed over a very long period of time. So The one on the beach may of been after the clip at the castle was filmed.

Also all Danny's life he has been the first one to give anything a try. If your thinking I wonder if you can jump over that Danny is already half way down the run up.

What does this mean?

What does this mean?

I'm gonna add in some speech marks first:

Also all Danny's life he has been the first one to give anything a try. If you're thinking "I wonder if you can jump over that..." Danny is already half way down the run up.

Meaning by the time you're thinking of it, Danny's already committed. That's the way I read it anyway...

Just to add to the awesomeness of this vid. He only learnt how to do the front flips about an hour before he filmed the one for the castle.

this is either one of two things...

- a sarcastic comment you know isnt true

- you believing youre telling the truth

if you have seen previous videos of danny, you'd know he actually knew how to front flip before he could back flip.

this is either one of two things...

- a sarcastic comment you know isnt true

- you believing youre telling the truth

if you have seen previous videos of danny, you'd know he actually knew how to front flip before he could back flip.

I'll 2nd that, he's been front flipping for years. (Y)