Onza Ska 2011

Joe@Onza

Just something I wanted to post for comments. New model that sits between the Bird and Pro.

Colour scheme is gonna be marmite I think.

Nice bike but for £500 i'd of thought it would have maggys or discs ?

can you get more pictures up of more of the 2011 range ?

I like the colour scheme, looks like a nice little starter setup.

Joe are there any plans to produce a young kids trials bike ala the Monty 205 with 16" wheels? My 3 year old is dying to get a trials bike but he's currenntly stck with a specialized hotrock. To be fair its a good bike but it would be better to get something with some good BB clearance thats not so bmxy, and at this rate a small monty or the smallest onza wont suit him for at least another 2 years I'd have thought. It wouldnt have to have big wide rims and stuff on the rear just a decent geo and some v's to get him started!

I like the colour scheme, looks like a nice little starter setup.

Joe are there any plans to produce a young kids trials bike ala the Monty 205 with 16" wheels? My 3 year old is dying to get a trials bike but he's currenntly stck with a specialized hotrock. To be fair its a good bike but it would be better to get something with some good BB clearance thats not so bmxy, and at this rate a small monty or the smallest onza wont suit him for at least another 2 years I'd have thought. It wouldnt have to have big wide rims and stuff on the rear just a decent geo and some v's to get him started!

They currently offer the 18" Mini Master bike, not sure if that might be the kind of thing you're after or not. The bike seems to handle Joe Seddon throwing it across 8ft gaps and up 4ft sidehops, so it should be more than solid enough for a youngun (Y)

Check it in action here:

Yeah Ive seen that but its just too big. He currently can manage a 16" wheeled bike which is just the right size but an 18" would be miles too big. If onza could slip in a 16" wheeled trialsy starter bike I reckon it would sell well, I'd definately buy one and with it not needing super strong trials gear like wheels it could be kept at a reasonable price, unlike the monty 205 which would be a good size but is extortionately priced!

it'd be sweet if it had a sealed rear hub... is it isis or taper? what freeweel? and why're onza vee brakes so shocking and dangerous to ride?

I rode as a beginner for 2 years with standard Onza V's on and they were fine for me. Same as any V-brake really - if you set them up well, they can work fairly well. They're also really cheap which is a pretty key point when you're trying to build a bike to a certain price-point.

EDIT: Would I be right in saying that the Ska is a Bird with different graphics and FFW?

I rode as a beginner for 2 years with standard Onza V's on and they were fine for me. Same as any V-brake really - if you set them up well, they can work fairly well. They're also really cheap which is a pretty key point when you're trying to build a bike to a certain price-point.

EDIT: Would I be right in saying that the Ska is a Bird with different graphics and FFW?

More like a Pro without discs. Bad news is Bird has lost the front disc to keep it at a price point of £449.99.

Ska what? My retina? :P

That actually made me lol.

post-13495-0-46591300-1302813248_thumb.j

So, onza took away the best part of the bird, the disk? and changed the colour scheme and made another bike called a ska?

completely agree. Plus they look the exact same but with different colours, a change of shape would have been cool.

The ska's colour scheme is rank, but thats just my opinion. Hoping the comp looks alot better, any pics of the others?

And whats this onza sting on rock n roll bikes?

And will there be an onza rip?

Are the forks/bars/stem still steel?

Edited by Kieran Morrison

i use rear vee on my tgs sled :rolleyes: i know how to set up a brake, the onza ones are just poor...

see if im honest im not into this like the color stands out and its a good idea to improve the range but my point here is the frame.

you say its hard to keep up with times and i understand this must be what people and makes you money but i loved your old range like the old ice frame i liked the skull but herd alot of problems with that.

i liked the old pro series you had of frames i will give you the new limey that is gorgeous.

this is just what i think :) shames i got into trials a bit late :P

• 2 years later...

I bought an onza ska a year ago from winstanleys and it has been crap I only use it in the back garden for a bit of fun and ive had to replace just about every moving part on it.when I phoned up winstanleys toget a bit of advice a week afteri got it the the y told me they were to busy and then didn't get back, not good!!!

1st of all:

Please, do not revive old topics ( this topic was last active more than 2 years ago!)

2nd: make a new topic to beginners trials chat, maybe some of the others can help you out with your problem

3rd: please use full sentences and punctuation, sometimes it can be quite hard to understand people with bad writing and it is hard to help them

why did you change most of the moving parts?