Site News: Buysell

I still feel a need to just browse. I know I could do that by clicking on all the different catagories but it would be easier if you could have a "view all" link.

From a "I'm interested in buying a cirtian thing and thats it" point of view its instant win.

Edited by CalopS

What do people think about including a 'views' counter? Not sure if it's of much use to anyone but the seller I guess. Still think feedback on the advert pages would be a good idea.

Definitely.

But can we please please please please have no off topics Only trials stuff

Definitely not. :P

Update; Apparently you can't go back and edit your post(s) after a short while - any chance to change this at all to allow error fixing/reducing prices?

Agreed. I noticed that I missed something out on the description and it won't let me edit it for the same reason.

The edit time was set to 0 in the settings (ie, no restriction on editing) but evidently thats not working as it should. I've updated it to 99999999 minutes for the time being, you should be able to edit ads now?

View all is definitely something I'd like to see too, I'll suggested it to the author.

I've also been in contact with the author, the next version will have a 'mark item as sold' button which will close the advert and leave it in public view for X number of days before it disappears.

Is there any way that the photos can be auto scaled when you click them? I'm using firefox and when I click a photo I have to zoom out with my browser to see it properly.

Happens to me on IE too.

As long as we get a View All button eventually i think its working great (Y)

Is there any way to integrate the feedback system to the BuySell forum at all? Be cool to have it a little streamlined than copying thread URLs across if there's a way to do it :)

I think the guy who writes the BuySell system is going to integrate his own feedback thing into the next version, which will be nice as the current feedback system is fairly bug ridden. If you want something done right.. do it yourself.

He's also confirmed there will be a 'View All Adverts' link (Y)

I haven't read through the topic, so it might already have been suggested:

I just went in to the BuySell area for the second time (excellent development, by the way - kudos) and thought seeing new items easier might be nice.

Like the "New Classifieds" box on the right of the home-page, but maybe extended to the full page height?

I saw the "new items" link but that only brought up one stem. Listed down the side could be a handy development.

Just a suggestion.

Any chance of rigging it up so you could get a notification when there is a new question about one of the items you have for sale?

Also when I checked just before it said 4 unanswered questions on one of my items when there were only 2?!

Edited by isitafox

• 3 months later...

There is a new version of the BuySell app being made at the moment, preview here:

http://dev.millne.com/classifieds/

As you can see, the index page is now a list of all the latest classifieds.

I haven't read through the topic, so it might already have been suggested:

I just went in to the BuySell area for the second time (excellent development, by the way - kudos) and thought seeing new items easier might be nice.

Like the "New Classifieds" box on the right of the home-page, but maybe extended to the full page height?

I saw the "new items" link but that only brought up one stem. Listed down the side could be a handy development.

Just a suggestion.

View all button would be awesome (Y)

Any chance of rigging it up so you could get a notification when there is a new question about one of the items you have for sale?

Also when I checked just before it said 4 unanswered questions on one of my items when there were only 2?!

Hopefully this will be fixed in the next version. There should be notification options in your control panel.

Why do the pics load up in a MASSIVE size!! Please scale them down as its taking years to load on my comp!

Thanks

Ibs

Hopefully fixed in the next version, will wait until then before looking at it.

• 8 months later...