A.r.w's R.a.w 24

arw_86

Right,

ive revamped my marino. Took it apart, stripped it, did a little bit of this, little bit of that, bought bits and bobs....

and the reults are as follows, please see - PAGE 2, post 14, luke rainbird has been a dude and posted them up for me.

if you would like to see the before and progress pics please follow this link marino mayhem

much love, cheers

bump - gone from retro to a bit more of a bruiser. let me know your thoughts.

update again - page 3, post 30! inspired elements baby :)

now

374679_10150519884208957_723298956_11516074_632870012_n.jpg

before

207621_10150273383983957_723298956_9408619_3509781_n.jpg

before that

208814_10150272303103957_723298956_9399234_307282_n.jpg

Edited by arw_86

cheers, hopefully it will look sweet when complete

ummmm. i havent a clue. I'll try find out. Hopefully luke rainbird plods along and informs us as it was his bike before me and he knows EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING!

*plods along*

Looking good dude - though a change of bar and stem to something shorter and higher would sort it out nicely ;)

Shall be wicked to see it finished. Incidentally I got Marino to send it over to me raw so I could check it all out properly, though it had about 6 paintjobs the first month or two so that didn't last long!

Geo was around 1035, +30, 380, 73 or thereabouts off the top of my head - tough I ran it brakeless with a slammed rear end which put it in the region of 1015, +30, 372, 73 (ish) and was a flicky fun machine.

Need something like this back in my life. A winter of riding proper trials has been really good fun so hopefully I can keep the Koxx too, but I miss cruising and flowing round parks and stuff so much. Soon as that loan's in and a few people get back to me about frames it's on though!

28311_665913972832_193109674_40626861_2256383_n.jpg

• Like 1

That's frickin lovely. Fairly similar geo to mine too, nice to see how it turned out. I honestly thought you couldn't beat the stealth look that it had when it was Lukes (brakeless), but you have. I'm almost ready to say you beat it by a mile.

That's gorgeous. Yoiur efforts have really paid off. The headtube/steerer idea is brilliant.

The whole thing just looks great as a whole and i think if you've got steel you can get awayh with a nice raw finish.

Your dog doesn't look soo keen on it though.

thanks for all the commecnts so far lads! its nice to know people like stuff when you put some effort into it

any chance you could post a couple on here as i cant get the link to work :(

sorry mate, ye ill try have a go tomorrow for you. Not sure what im doing to be honest so any help would be appreciated. I dont really want to join a photo hosting site, even though they are free. (Y)

Edited by arw_86

• 6 months later...

bump, new pics in first post, and more pics in the link too.

dont think it will ever look as sweet as it did in the sun all retro and brakeless but im still pleased with the beefier version, sorry about image quality. All the other images were fine apart from the whole bike shot, cant be bothered to go get another pic now.

let me know what you think, thanks adam

PS- i now have an avid ultimate, heatsink yellows, xtr front lever, pashley forks converted to 24 v mounts (already have interest in these) and a sweet all black wheel set with pro 2 rear and mono front, stem......blah blah all for sale. So keep an eye out in the 'for sale' section soon.