Tnn Lgm's Fail

Nigel Kilgar

well as the title says my tnn lgm's have gone to pants i rode shipley on sunday it the rain and all was well came home re built my rear wheel with a brand new trials tech race rim built it ground it and set my brake to the rim and my brake is shocking no bike from the pads and no hold and the peds seems super squishy has anybody had this before and does it mean new pads needed?

Bad bleed? Water or Royal Blood?

water the brake is solid no flex in the frame pads just squish against the rim and no bite or hold

That rim don't work well with them pads prob

im starting to think that ordered some trials tech sports bad gunna put them in my cnc'd backings and see how we go

From personal experience certain pads work well with some rims and crap with others, you need to find what works for you.

Also did you grind the rim then fit the tyre? as stuff from the tyre gets on the rim which doesn't help, always try to grind with the tyre already on :)

From personal experience certain pads work well with some rims and crap with others, you need to find what works for you.

Also did you grind the rim then fit the tyre? as stuff from the tyre gets on the rim which doesn't help, always try to grind with the tyre already on :)

tyre was on before the grind guess they jusy dont like the rim

I and others found that the LGM material didnt work all too well with the trialtech rims.

Heatsink Yellows, Trialtech Sport and Rockman green pads all work brilliantly on them.

thanks for the confirmation i was thinking this was the case got some sports pads on order so should be good has anybody try cousts on a trialstech rim?

lgm pad on echo tr rims are epic.best combo ive ever used

lgm's on my neon rim were sick guess i have to try something new :)

tyre was on before the grind guess they jusy dont like the rim

I and others found that the LGM material didnt work all too well with the trialtech rims.

Heatsink Yellows, Trialtech Sport and Rockman green pads all work brilliantly on them.

thanks for the confirmation i was thinking this was the case got some sports pads on order so should be good has anybody try cousts on a trialstech rim?

lgm pad on echo tr rims are epic.best combo ive ever used

lgm's on my neon rim were sick guess i have to try something new :)

Really? Sounds sorta weird... Stan - when he was using them - had the LGMs on an SL rim and they felt pretty sweet and worked well, and Ali's LGVs worked well on his proto SL rim too.

Really? Sounds sorta weird... Stan - when he was using them - had the LGMs on an SL rim and they felt pretty sweet and worked well, and Ali's LGVs worked well on his proto SL rim too.

Yup.

Was suggested by Le that my compound may be off, so another set were sent out to replace them.

Same thing. No bite, little hold and the grind goes dead VERY quickly. Everything was set up as it should (Im a tad ott on how my brake setup is) and after 2 months there was no improvement.

Beleays worked really well on the same rim.

Ive had no complaints about the LGMs on any Echo rim though. They hold a grind very very well and the pads seem to work really well with the alloy.

They are brilliant pads though, and would recommend them to anyone. Might have been me thats unlucky, but others have posted in the past that TT rims dont hold a grind as well as their Echo counterparts.

Beleays on TT rims are the Shit. Next to my LGMs on an Echo rim my Beleay/ Trialtech sport rim setup was fantastic.

Edited by Echo Lite 09

I'm going to share my experience too.

I had an echo tr rim with some lgms and the brake was rather beastly, i killed the rim eventually got a trialtech sl rim. The brake wasn't bad but is was not great compared to the same set up on the echo tr rim. I did my best to ensure it was all tip top but just couldn't match the performance of it previously. Eventually the trialtech rim too died (probably cause i'm a basher :L) and i bought a new wheel with a tr rim and the brake once again was sweet :) With other experiences in the past using other rims, i know am convinced that it is not just the pad that can make a brake significantly better but it also depends a lot on the rim used (amongst other things as well of coarse).

In this time the same set of LGMs have been used and they still have loads of life, might be at least a year and a half of use. They are my preffered pad (Y)

Edit: I am brakeless now anyway so it doesn't matter :lol:

Edited by Duncy H

I have a trialtech square hole rim on the front, trialtech SL rim on the rear, using lgm's front and rear with light grinds and there working spot on for me.

Edit

This is from cap, Ali doesn't seem to be able to log out of anything when he uses a computer

Im probably going to be told this is a silly idea, but when pads wear they match the camber of the rim ( unless you have straight / non-angled sidewalls )e.g

[ \\_________// ] <-- pad

^ rim

If you put the pad on the wrong way up they'll have to wear a fair amount to match this new profile, and theyll only be braking on a really small part of the pad. When you pull the lever this little ridge of pad compresses giving a very spongy brake. e.g

[ /\_________/\ ]

So the upshot of it is, check if your pads are hitting properly flat :)

Edited by Alex Dark

OK so status report got a set of trials tech pads yesterday and put them o same thing just didn't want to bit or hold rode them all day try and bed them in but nothing so got home and took my booster off (running a because booster) and re set up my brake and the trials techs are sick so thought if that worked maybe my lgms might they improved alot but nothing compared to my old brake gunna ride them tonite might just stick with the trials techs or like someone said get some belaeys or cousts