Rockman Radix 24" Comp Frame

Azarathal

i think it looks awesome, really nice detail in the metal, built in booster, very lightweight and nice colour. graphics arent everyones cup of tea but i like them.

arent rockman frames really easy to break though?

yes, kortz 2.5 in 3 months for me, driveside chainstay/bb yoke pretty much cracked right through, now in possession of tartybikes.

Interesting how the new Rockman 26" Liberte has a +55 BB opposed to the Slate XL's +70.

Just like the Sky 2 was +70 and the new Koxx Kloud is +55.

Hoooooppppefullly fingers f**kin crossed they are realising high BBs arn't the magic cure to being a good rider and are lowering things to a sensible number.

• Like 2

I love it! Don't mind the graphics really, but LOVE the colour, If I could afford one I would consider it, although its a shame that you need to have short rake forks to make the wheel base somewhere reasonable,

Adam

i really like those graphics haha i think its a good idea .. if the frame was black rather than orange i think it would do them a few more favours but nevermind

as for the lack of disc mounts i say thats a good shout .. anything more than a mod running duel disc is a waste of time in terms of any serious type moves ..

i think rockman are nonto a winner here .. if i had the cash i would probably buy one to be honest ..

I wonder if Rockman actually know their market and what their customers want?.... obviously not with this, another hideous frame job. Never had anything against Rockman frames, apart from the graphics, but IMO this just shows they are copying other brands and because they don't know what people want, painting up and decaling their frames with any old crap. Awful.

Hoooooppppefullly fingers f**kin crossed they are realising high BBs arn't the magic cure to being a good rider and are lowering things to a sensible number.

I agree,

just think Rockman should look at releasing their own geo's as against following what Koxx do.

Regarding +55mm BBs, it could just be that RockMan are also targetting a different customer base rather than the "I want an expensive high BB light frame" crew? It's not like Koxx were the first to do a frame around +55mm - the Neon X-Ray, Echo Pure, Echo Pure SL, Onza Genesis and Ozonys Curve are all +55mm BB, and there's plenty of frames that are +/-5mm too. To me it just seems like they're making a pretty sensible decision in terms of making their own version of something that's obviously pretty popular. As a result, I'd say that was exactly what customers want? I don't really agree with how RockMan and other companies copy Koxx/Try-All so much, but it seems a bit weird to take so much of a pop at them for using a BB height that the vast majority of other manufacturers were using before Koxx were...

With the Slate XL I was under the impression that was made under direction from Ben Savage - as a result it would suggest that Ben wanted a higher BB frame, so they made him one. I wouldn't say that was them directly copying Koxx.

Shane - didn't you break one of the older style BB yokes rather than this new version? Can't really remember as it wasn't something I had much dealings with.