The Car Thread

MadManMike

Needs a few things one of the main is getting a new abs sensor and getting the fob coded to the car again but really happy with it, the sound is something else anyway might not be to everyones taste

Audi b6 s4 debadged, full remus exhaust, tv sat nav etc..

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

And a little vid

https://www.facebook..._comment_tagged

My old dear was gonna buy that y'b*****d! Haha, we were gonna go down this weekend but were too late! Nice purchase man!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&fb_source=message&hash=item4d01d4639b&item=330743178139&nma=true&pt=Automobiles_UK&rt=nc&si=VcP1W%252FeuopLYhLlVhyr1AIW5iz4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Edited by DrDoom

hahahahahahahahaahahaha.

That S4 - Love it! Dare to be different indeed, it certainly stands out!

Pretty manly car too, 4.2 V8, 340bhp, even weighing the same as the QE2 it must shift fairly well still!

Looks like a pretty top spec too, lots of money spent there!

Your old dear?? Is she mad? It's a quick car and sounds like a mustang!

Trust me mate - My old dears always had fast audi's - this would be relatively slow compared to some!

First car - Audi Gt quattro

Second car - Another Gt quattro, 2 door, full group b spec and putting out 550ish!

Third car - went sensible and had a civic type R around 1998, Turbo'd it in 01 and ended up with a 320bhp fwd, stripped out.

Fourth car - went back to the audi's, with a 1.9tdi A4 avant

Fifth - 2.5 v6 a4 avant

Sixth - 2006 Audi S8 5.2 FSI quattro

Seventh - Audi TT mk1, 3.2 v6 Quattro

Next car - between an s4 avant, 350z, or a TTrs mk2.

Old dears can have fast cars - and she actually drives them as they should be driven too!

How much should I expect to pay to have my wheels refurbed?

I'm looking for an end result of black / dark grey, in whatever finish is best (Powder? Spray?)

Do it yourself Mike, wheels are nice to work on an good results can be had with just some time an effort. How bad are they in terms of kurbing/peeling??

As alloys go they're not too bad, mainly around the valves they seem to have peeled - I guess that area was machined badly when they were first made.

Problem is I don't really have access to any tools and with most practical tasks I take an age to get it done!

Do you have the 5 spoke alloys Mike? Annoyingly I scrapped mine a year or so ago, they were painted nicely in gunmetal and only 1 wheel had a chip! I didnt think anybody would want them

Wheels are super easy to do, although ideally you want some others to be rolling around on unless you fancy doing one at a time and then use your spare. You dont need any special tools, its a really easy job. Go to poundland and use thier primer and black paint on the inside of the wheel for a bit of money saving :P

Yeah thats what I had, picked the whole lot up with 3 good tyres for £25 :D But really, looking out for some secondhand wheels may be a better bet, theres plenty of wheels that fit your car due to a saturated market of fakes, so plenty to choose from for not much

Trust me mate - My old dears always had fast audi's - this would be relatively slow compared to some!

First car - Audi Gt quattro

Second car - Another Gt quattro, 2 door, full group b spec and putting out 550ish!

Third car - went sensible and had a civic type R around 1998, Turbo'd it in 01 and ended up with a 320bhp fwd, stripped out.

Fourth car - went back to the audi's, with a 1.9tdi A4 avant

Fifth - 2.5 v6 a4 avant

Sixth - 2006 Audi S8 5.2 FSI quattro

Seventh - Audi TT mk1, 3.2 v6 Quattro

Next car - between an s4 avant, 350z, or a TTrs mk2.

Old dears can have fast cars - and she actually drives them as they should be driven too!

Ahh fair play mate just seemed strange to me she sounds like a right laugh!

Cheers for the comments made up with it at the moment and it does shift for its size and I've come from some quick cars. Sure likes a good drink!

Booked into Unit 20 on Friday for full service / health check then can have a chat about a remap shortly.

Is Morton doing it for you lad? And you're happy to trust him with this?! He'll probably spray a cock onto your bonnet for shits and giggles.

Morton has done all the prep work (new rear arches, spoiler removed, new front bumper etc) and Andy is doing the painting. te colour dosnt look right but iv only seen mobilephone pics so far.