The Car Thread

MadManMike

Individually they arent that much, most of them are less than £5, its just the sheer amount of them! That and the amount of stretch bolts, studs, and nuts that need replacing...again, not that much individually, but its all adding up.

I will have spent not far off £1500, and wont actually see any beneifit other than a stronger engine, lol. Just have to keep telling myself to look to the future though!

Individually they arent that much, most of them are less than £5, its just the sheer amount of them! That and the amount of stretch bolts, studs, and nuts that need replacing...again, not that much individually, but its all adding up.

I will have spent not far off £1500, and wont actually see any beneifit other than a stronger engine, lol. Just have to keep telling myself to look to the future though!

think yourself lucky!

its a slippy slope, i started like that, then its a steel crank dry sump, billet turbo dth throttle bodies before you know its its 6k gone in bits alone!

not a ford engine is it?

Long time since ive posted here but... going to go and see this at the weekend http://www.scottwalkers.co.uk/cars/car.php?id=162 been on the hunt now for 8 months but I cant say no to the mileage and quality. Theres a few "newer" ones around but they are all well out my price range or done 60k miles which is not what I want.

nice

a frind just picked one up, purple limited edition one goes ok

Edited by alastair34

What engine is in the westy Adam? Xe or zetec?

I've a 7 type car too great fun!

It's an XE. An experienced eye I see, to recognise which side the exhaust and intakes are on to narrow down the engine choices ;)

What have you got then? The talk of steel cranks, dry sumps, a turbo and DTH TBs just above makes me think it's fairly potent :D

Maybe its just honda gaskets that cost a fortune then.

It's an XE. An experienced eye I see, to recognise which side the exhaust and intakes are on to narrow down the engine choices ;)

What have you got then? The talk of steel cranks, dry sumps, a turbo and DTH TBs just above makes me think it's fairly potent :D

hehe your right!

im a dab hand with cars and engine builds, its s shawspeed 7 esque car with a 1600 ford sigma engine, 610 bhp per ton at the moment

IMG_5920.jpg

4E1FD9B4-8546-422A-BD34-52BF5A3E0773-422

71dbf65ff9d81c1f64c9311af7ffd1ff.jpg

• Like 1

I thought it looked familiar! A mate of mine built a Fiesta a while ago and forced me to spend hours looking at your thread. Very tidy build.

Small old world.

haha yes true, its not bad learning all the time will get better and better things are never finished

Quality stuff and impressive work! Rather you than me working on that engine bay :S I wouldn't know where to start!

What sort of power is it running then, about 350? Turbo is cheating by the way :D

335 270lbft not bd for a 1.6

it was a n/a engine before 180bhp and to be honest it was more usable and fun in a way, now its just silly the vid is only 250-260 bhp got a fair bit more ontop of that just seems a little pointless on the road and i havent had chance to get it out on track

How did you manage to get 180bhp out of a n/a 1.6? That's seriously impressive mate. Looks so fun on the road

we have had 210bhp from them wih forged engines,

180 was stock bottom end with uprated rod bolts, shawspeed ss4 cams big valve wored head, throttle bodies omex 600 ecu and a nice exhaust

there also the lightest 1.6 engine ever built so perfect for these cars

• Like 1

That's a monster. Love it.

I'm happy because I has assembled my new shifter and got some new engine mounts;

BmZLFcF.jpg

fu8I7CW.jpg

Hopefully to be fitted this weekend.

Also theres a group-buy on Clio RARBs so hopefully that will go through and I can get myself one of those also.

• Like 1