The Car Thread

MadManMike

My only advice would be to get good tyres. With a little engine you'll probably want to maintain speed around corners.

that is a good thing, front tyres can loose grip in roundabouts when going slowly

Hippy please don't mod your corsa in any way at all... Please.

oookay, you won guys

• Like 2

I've done a few things, thank god :D
I fitted new black powerflex steering rack bushes the other day. It was a bit of a fiddly job but nothing my gay little piano fingers couldn't sort haha. Amazing guide on here for it too which really helped so thank you for that whoever did it :) My old bushes weren't too bad at all but it's nice knowing they're harder now.
Then reversed the car up.Top fit whiteline antiroll bar / piece of metal from scrap yard lol
Fitted perfectly :D
Have I overtightned these bushes? They're not deformed or anything?
Then started to de-wiper
Not sure if I like it, but I kind of do. I'm not really sure.
Edited by dann2707

This got my attention the other day. The driver is a close friend of mine and I've always known he's absolutely mental behind the wheel but he would compete very occasionally and never upload any onboards. This is from a competition I took part in about 25 times in the past and never have I seen anyone win it with more than a 5 second advantage (on a total of ~18 minutes) when there were a lot class 6 cars (4wd 2000cc+). This run alone is 8 seconds quicker than the 2nd fastest and he won by over 50 seconds. I asked him if the car has a close ratio box because it goes through gears too quickly but it's apparently standard. Only mods are Ohlins suspension, weight saving and bio ethanol instead of petrol. Crazy shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-n9Fcu9m3g

I'm collecting a 2011 Fiat Punto this week, it's a 1.2 and has 29,000 miles, and I'm getting it mainly because I'm getting it from my Grandad for £3k.

What should I look out for going forward? Any known faults etc?

It's in great condition and regularly serviced etc

Cheers, I hope to be more active in here going forward once I can afford something better..

I'm collecting a 2011 Fiat Punto this week, it's a 1.2 and has 29,000 miles, and I'm getting it mainly because I'm getting it from my Grandad for £3k.

What should I look out for going forward? Any known faults etc?

It's in great condition and regularly serviced etc

Cheers, I hope to be more active in here going forward once I can afford something better..

At just under 30k miles you won't see too many problems just yet. They're better cars than some may suggest. Rear shocks are known for going but its usually the top bushes before the shock itself.

Not much to worry about. Is it your first car?

Edited by SamKidney

At just under 30k miles you won't see too many problems just yet. They're better cars than some may suggest. Rear shocks are known for going but its usually the top bushes before the shock itself.

Not much to worry about. Is it your first car?

Ok cheers

Yeah it is, just to keep me going for the next year and so the insurance drops a bit before moving onto something a little more exciting.

i need a rear arb :( was bidding on a set on ebay today, went for £200 (for a pair, i was going to buy them both and just sell on the front one)

Shit, I've been home (ish) for half the day and forgot to grab you any pics of this spare unknown bar I've got. Will dig it out tomorrow and grab a few for you.

See also: Not fitted yet but MAF core was waiting on the doorstep. Cheers :)

• Like 1

Shit, I've been home (ish) for half the day and forgot to grab you any pics of this spare unknown bar I've got. Will dig it out tomorrow and grab a few for you.

See also: Not fitted yet but MAF core was waiting on the doorstep. Cheers :)

cheers, completly forgot about that :P

Today i decided to replace the boot handle, as the old one was rotten to shit and back.

post-36867-0-72641900-1426453282_thumb.j

the boot lid needs replacing really, but changing the handle will at least hide some of the roughness

post-36867-0-29017000-1426453284_thumb.j

New one in

post-36867-0-19955200-1426453286_thumb.j

That was a saga. I stripped the barrel and locking mech, lost half the parts, forgot how it went back together, got the key stuck for best part of 30 minutes. Got it all back and working though.

Also got my egr delete for my pd130/150 manifold, so thats one step closer to being fitted:

post-36867-0-75005500-1426453386_thumb.j

Edited by MartMini
  • Like 1

Is it wrong that I want to leave the panels just like that? I now need to get some paint, where is a good place to get some rattle cans mixed up? Mr Booth I may need your expert opinion....

Those jacks look very interesting. Any more info?

Hahaha, wow - that's quite something. Fits like a glove:

$_57.JPG

You can really see the "time and effort" that went into that "rare body kit".