Uci Worldcup Superfinal, Aalter

J.KYDD

I thought it was a bit disrespectful that nobody gave Jack a round of applause for his good efforts and representing the UK...

I enjoyed watching it :)

EDIT: Just found out he is only 15 years old? WHAT DA FUQ?

Edited by Andeee
  • Like 4

I thought it was a bit disrespectful that nobody gave Jack a round of applause for his good efforts and representing the UK...

I enjoyed watching it :)

Yeah i thought the same and then kenny got cheered like mad!

great riding from jack, next year he will be finishing first i am sure

Very, very good watch (Y) Just wish there was more pro coverage of these events :( Ceremony was absolute crap though. Can anyone tell me why Jack is no longer sponsored by Tarty?

because tarty have nothing to offer apart from like 1% discount any all parts. where as smaller bike companys offer out multiple full bikes and parts for nothing!

Theres your answer mate (Y)

Great footage – cheers for posting Josh! I was a bit dubious about the ‘media friendly’ Super Final format when it was announced, but it was actually a real success I think! It was great to be able to watch what was going on here in the UK and the four sections, top four riders format meant that it was pretty exciting to watch as well! I showed it to my girlfriend and her family, who don’t really know that much about the sport, and they were completely transfixed. They thought it was an excellent transmission; the riding, format etc. were interesting and exciting and the commentary was professional and informative (nice work Drei!). I think, if the people covering it continue to do a good job and keep getting the right people to commentate, this new format could be a great step in the right direction for getting the sport much more coverage and exposure and, in turn, generating a lot more interest in it from big companies, media, etc.

Jack’s performance was incredible as well. I always knew he was going to do big things when he got onto the UCI Elite circuit, but third place in his first ever World Cup is an unbelievable result! You could see how happy he was after some of the sections as well, and I was on my feet cheering him on the whole way through (even though I wasn’t watching live and already knew the result). Can’t wait to see how the rest of his season goes!

If you look at the footage people are clapping, the sound obviously didn’t get picked up that well. Not as many clapping or cheering as he deserved for such a performance though. I guess they were all saving their cheers for Kenny as they were his home crowd.

Was the 20" recorded?

I don’t think so, no, just the 26” Super Final this time. Maybe there’ll be more coverage at the next Belgian one in August. I don’t know if there’ll be coverage of any of the other rounds – Kenny arranged it all with his partners and sponsors for the Belgian rounds. I think he did a great job of organising, promoting and covering the event! Hopefully, now people have seen how well the new format can be televised etc., they'll start to follow his example.

Nice one Drei for the commentary. Glad it was in English and not by some random non-rider.

Word. Nice to have someone who knew what they were talking about and was able to articulate it properly – did a very professional job!

kenny mentioned on his twitter/facebook thismorning that in his fall he had cracked his wrist and elbow.

https://twitter.com/...573249254834176

Ouch. It was a nasty fall, and he was in obvious agony throughout the Super Final. HUGE respect for finishing – what a champ!

Very, very good watch Just wish there was more pro coverage of these events

There will be coverage of the next Belgian round for definite. Hopefully, with the new ‘media-friendly’ Super Final format and Kenny setting a good example with coverage of his events, more organisers will start to follow suit (Y)

Can anyone tell me why Jack is no longer sponsored by Tarty?

because tarty have nothing to offer apart from like 1% discount any all parts. where as smaller bike companys offer out multiple full bikes and parts for nothing!

Theres your answer mate

Or, put more diplomatically, Enter Bike were able to offer him a better deal and had more of an active interest in Jack competing in the UCI World Events so were more suited to Jack’s ambitions.

Kenny's bike looks kinda like an onzonys curve, with tryall karbon forks.

I believe that it is, think gt have done him a 24 bike and not a comp one

Kenny’s riding a rebadged Ozonys Curve with Karbon forks for competitions and training and, I’m pretty certain, a rebadged Ozonys King of Dunce (still not sure what that name’s about) for shows and street.

As far as I know, GT have no immediate plans to make him a trials bike, but are supplying him with mountain bikes and support. There may be a trials bike in the pipeline in the next few years, but (again, as far as I know) not for a while.

• Like 2

Fantastic! I'm very jealous about this events. I hope in the next years we have some similar in spain......no, I'm quite sure that this events can't be in Spain, .why? I'don't know. :

Good to see ross still talking rubbish (Y)

Well done Jack. Amazing result!

Andre did a good job on the comentary. It would be better to have someone else with him like they have in other sports though.

Edited by CalopS
  • Like 1

Or, put more diplomatically, Enter Bike were able to offer him a better deal and had more of an active interest in Jack competing in the UCI World Events so were more suited to Jack’s ambitions.

...not to mention the fact that the sponsorship situation Jack had with Koxx through us was handled in an "interesting" way by Koxx.

Was cool to see well filmed, well presented comp footage though. Hopefully the viewing figures were high enough to make them want to repeat in a more long-term way. Good to see Jack finally competing at that level too! A pretty amazing result even though it shouldn't have come as much of a surprise :P

Theres your answer mate (Y)

Well that's an answer :lol: Commenting in such a strong way about stuff that you don't understand, or know much about, is generally not a great idea dude. As Mark said, Koxx asked us to sponsor Jack on their behalf, and we were just the middle man to pick up the bill when Jack inevitably broke stuff and Koxx wouldn't replace it under warranty.

So Jack had a front hub, couple of rims, a couple of sets of forks (plus quite a lot of time modifying said forks) and 2 frames from us for free (that I can remember - I'm sure there was more), plus a very high level of discount on his original bikes, and healthy discount on all his spares.

Retailers aren't in as good a position as manufacturers to offer huge discounts/free stuff, simply because the stuff costs us more. We would hope that if any rider wasn't happy with their sponsorship (note: that doesn't just mean 'discount') they would speak to us about it.

Anyway, great result for Jack and cool to see a beasty comp getting some coverage!

• Like 2

No-one's under the impression you 'care', Adam was just pointing out that - as usual - you're talking shit. It just so happens that this time you're talking shit about something people might expect you to have some knowledge about in that you're friends with Jack.