Trials Rider Wages

Aidan97

I did read an interview he did for the Daily Record where he said people think he earns a fortune whereas he probably earns enough to run a car but thats about it

I'll upload Sprung and Revolution so you can download or watch them online

Nice one, cheers!

Crazy considering he's a pile of crap

He is very good at what he does.

My main beef with leech, is the way he waffles on about absolute cheese. Trials is a hobbie, a sport to some. But not a way to solve world poverty.

That is why I can say that. His influence and ability on a bike is undeniable, and when he was current (quite a while back) he was cutting edge. You can't just say the guy is shit because it just isn't true. Maybe you could say he is shit at tgs or something like that, but even that would probably be false.

The babbling nonsense that comes out is irrelevant to leech as a rider.

Oh yeah, hitler had an opinion too.

I don't think he's shit, far from it but his 'style' just goes right over my head. Jeff in some of his early videos (so long ago I've forgotten the name... pre Revolution) is still impressive today and even for a big guy he always looked smooth. Ryan could do the moves but everything looked forced (in Revolution and Evolve for example) and the Manifesto thing I really didn't get because his normally forced riding then looked even more forced. Innovative, yes. Impressive, kinda. Smooth and stylish, not really.

Just to be clear, I don't think he's ever actually made that claim, that was just me exaggerating.

Yeah I agree big jeff is undoubtedly better. But crux really does show some pretty stylish stuff and some incredible moves.

I get that people don't have to love his riding, but to watch it and say he is "a pile of crap" is pretty stupid. Christ the fact that ohler is in crux at all shows you exactly the kind of level he is at, and how much people who ride at the very top respect him.

Some people on here really can't understand what it was like not being able to just go online, pop over to you tube and watch hours apon hours of what ever rider you can think of.

Having the opportunity to watch a video cassette tape of any trials was to what I could only imagine compares to sitting round a massive wireless to listen to Neil Armstrong take his first steps on the moon.

Then to go on to slate his riding after viewing probly no more than 10/20 mins is just crazy, you will be telling us what he had for tea to...

All I can say is one of the best riders every to get on a bike, much like all the other legends...

I suppose trials just looks to effortless these days. you get every one thinking I could do that easy. When infancy you don't have a hope in hell.

Oh course he's going to do the same old crowd pleasing stuff, that's what pays the bills after all. And he wouldn't have got to that level with being content with his level...

Edited by dave33
  • Like 2

Saw leech ride a Koxx Xtp in some movie i think. Changed his style completely, and did "big stuff".

That wasn't Leech, that was a different rider - in the "Mastering the art of trials" they had some guy who could ride trials come in to do the trials stuff. :P

• Like 4

I think Leech's take on trials is pretty awesome.

Another guy who inspired me quite a bit (and was the reason I got into Trials after seeing him on Drop In TV) was Shawn Denny, he was never the best in the world but he had a lot of style on a bike.