Morning Breath

Gandalf the Yellow

When I had my 2010 Zhi Z3R I never ever got on with it all that well. So it was time for a change - I aquired myself a Breath 26" and yes, it looks like a Koxx Sky2 before anyone states the obvious!

Forgot to mention - pic heavy, but everyone has broadband now right?

Whilst you're here feel free to play a game of 'spot the difference'

comparebike.jpg

comparecranks.jpg

compareheadtube.jpg

comparerearbrake.jpg

comparerearlever.jpg

comparerearwheel.jpg

comparesideframe.jpg

IMG_6606.jpg

IMG_6607.jpg

IMG_6612.jpg

IMG_6615.jpg

IMG_6617.jpg

comments are most welcome, I can post a spec if I can be bothered later...

Steve

• Like 1

how did you acquire the breath? did you raw the cranks/bash yourself? it looks smart! i like it.

I got it through a friend from China, not sure how someone can go about getting one in the UK if I'm honest - I could ask though?

yeah bash and crank were 4 yrs old, so caustic soda, and a couple of hours of wet or dry to polish it up, I probably could have done it a little better, it was all so rushed but at the end of the day I just wanted the black off it - it does look a million times better!

That bike looks PERFECT for those rocks. They're the ones just outside MK right?

Very swish.

cheers Flipp. Yeah rocks down Giffard Park in MK.

where did you get the crank bolts?

crank bolts are Ellen 8mm Ti rainbow finish - get in touch with Amas on here and he should be able to sort something out for you.

nice bike

but i feel i am playing photo hunt , find difference :giggle:

thanks Amas, I love it, I tried to re-do the same shot but I didn't actually have the time to do it perfectly alike, nevermind.. :oops:

cheers for the positive comments so far guys.

Steve

Looks great Steve! Nice simple lines.

Slightly higher stem on it and it'd be perfect!

I kind of quite like it low, think it suits my style a bit better! If I come across a nice cheap mod stem then I might give that a go, but that can wait!

what's the geo ?

I've been told it's 1080wb, +55bb, 380cs - so very different to the Sky2.

Haven't measured it and to be honest I'm not too bothered, the geo is identical to my 2010 Zhi Z3R but rides so differently - the lower front end probably helps!

Steve

What's the weld quality like? Do the mounts line up etc? Been considering one of these, looks really nice :)

The weld quality is alright, as far as Chinese manufacturing goes, Deng is more premium and I'd say it's halfway between Deng and the lower quality Chinese brands.

Steve

Hmmm not too bad then, can i be cheeky and ask how much you paid for it? The geo is exactly what i'm looking for, it's a toss up between this and an Onza Genesis.... i know which one i prefer the look of, but i've got a feeling i know which one will last longer!

How does it ride? Plenty stiff enough? I mean i looks like a heavier sky 2, so in theory should be a similar strength (i imagine its using a lower quality alloy?). Do you know of a manufacturers website?

• Like 1

Forgot to mention- everything is welded correctly and lines up. No dodgey brake or rubbing chain line.

Having 116 spacing doesn't bother me all that much, gives a better chain line in my opinion anyway!

I've been told its 1.7ish kg inc headset. It rides very nice, I feel more controlled on it compared to the Zhi even when geo is the same. The frame is SO stiff, rear end is incredible with the gusset from top tube to seatstays, I don't think I'm allowed to say how much it was :P sorry!

Steve

• Like 1