Talk Talk - Shower Of Sh*t

tomturd

I should have heeded the warnings of pretty much everyone. But their cheap cheap prices inticed me in.

Ordered broadband and phoneline 2 weeks ago. Got a 'go live' date for tomorrow. Tomorrow I'm not going to be home, so Dad stepped up and offered to house sit if a man needs to come and install anything.

So I phones up talk talk, to see IF an engineer even comes out and if they do, when? or if they just post a router to me and let me get on with it.

5 phones calls later, 5 times giving my post code.. first line of address... etc etc, one of them tells me that the new phone line has been rejected by BT or something. But they didn't bother to tell me, so had I not phoned up, my dad would have been waiting here all day, just for them not to show up anyway.

At least I got out early.

Dicks.

• Like 1

I spent all of last year using my dad's work line (provided by talktalk), It was a complete misery the whole time: 28kb/s download and 35kb/s upload. Crappy ISP if you ask me. I have heard their customer service sucks ass, and I am glad you have been able to get out of there, even if you did have a some hassle with them over the phone.

• Like 1

Thats.. sort of good to hear :)

I'm using 'bt wifi' at the moment, with my parents login details (they're bt broadband customers). Its called 'bt wifi' but I'm pretty sure I'm just connecting to next doors router... Probably getting the same sorts of speeds as you were getting with talk talk - not too bad considerings its free. Might just stick with this, but it means no netflix and more importantly, no downloading HD copies of Gold Rush Alaska :P

My family's had the same experiences. Both my parents work so I've had to stay in for when engineers are supposed to come and they never showed up three days in a row without letting us know. My dad's always spent ages on the phone to them and it takes ages to get any points across to those people. We didn't want them, but they took over Tiscali and so we just ended up getting stuck with them and can't be bothered switching now :P

Have you been onto BT as to why they've rejected your line? That'd be my first port of call to be honest... It doesn't make any sense to get a line rejected. In other news, I've used BT for ages for my broadband and always been happy with it - not up for middlemen when the line is provided by BT.

Have you been onto BT as to why they've rejected your line? That'd be my first port of call to be honest... It doesn't make any sense to get a line rejected. In other news, I've used BT for ages for my broadband and always been happy with it - not up for middlemen when the line is provided by BT.

Nah, had enough of talking to people today!

Plus I'm using an Orange SIM down here (its the only network that works in my house) and their PAYG prices are extortionate, rinsing through credit like theres no tomorrow. (I miss giffgaff). Apparently virgin mobile use the orange network though, and they seem pretty reasonable so I might move to them.

Nothing works in the country side. I'd just like to get virgin cable internets and be done with it. Pembrokeshire has not realised its 2012 yet :P

(In a pretty ranty mood today.. :D)

EDIT: are you using BT Wifi? You should be entitled to it if you're a broadband customer. Worth signing up to it. Free wifi all over the UK - its pretty sweet :)

I use talk talk. Doesn't seem that bad to me, think its like £15 a month for landline and broadband (80gb per month). I live in a large town, and I think the Internet speed is okay.

Did a speedtest on my phone, ping is about 100ms higher than it would be on a pc. DL and UL speed is about the same though.

Test Date: Aug 22, 2012 23:15

Connection Type: Wifi

Server: Maidstone

Download: 7.11 Mbps

Upload: 0.67 Mbps

Ping: 150 Ms

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

309769035.png

I wonder TomTurd, you never used to post frequently a while back. Are you now single or something? :P

Anyway we have phones and internet by TalkTalk and they've never been any hassle. Only prob I've known is when my grandma died and we cancelled the phoneline. They kept phoning up saying pay your bills even to the point of threatening us with court. We kept telling them it had been cancelled. P*ss boiling.

I wonder TomTurd, you never used to post frequently a while back. Are you now single or something? :P

Nope, happily with someone :)

I spent about year boozing and living in a hellish shared house, followed by another year of spending literally all my spare time renovating a house. Life has slowed down again now so I'm back! Fully addicted again I think :S

• Like 1

Can I join in and complain about Orange?

They're a nice network and all, but their website - the bill paying part - is a load of shite, the number in the 'you owe us this amount' never loads, so it's a faff to suss out, that's if it actually works at all, because it regularly goes down. Recently they stopped the text reminders which is shite, and my phone can't make calls now. I dunno if this is related to being late to pay them or because I'm moving to 3 for my iphone, but it's annoying because I've got a few days now where I can't ring anyone, answerphone doesn't even work.

Furthermore, related to the bill amount faggotry, they sent me a letter saying you owe us a pile of money, so naturally I thought, 'what the hell is this?' and checked it out, and according the website I owe them half as much.

TL:DR; Orange is a great network but if you're on a contract, you'd better get a direct debit or else you'll have a shit time trying to pay them.