Strange Noise , Help Needed

the mysterious leemur

I'm needing some new forks for my 24( tgs) I'm after the strongest , longest lasting pair I can find but without being stupidly heavy , I'd like to run hs33 but if I can't then I'll just use trialttech 26"s with an avid.

Heard some bad things about urbans and I don't have a great amount of experience with the other available makes so help would be great.

Edit: will be used with an echo headset

Recycled my old thread , for a while now every time I pull my front brake there's a strange creaking noise for month or so , I'm not too sure what it is as I've stripped the headset and re-greased it , any help would be very appreciated

Edited by the mysterious leemur

large_zootforks.jpg

Not overly heavy, are very strong, have a long steerer, steerer can fit a hollow star nut, have disc & 24" vee mounts, are less than £50.

I run them and rate them highly (Y)

standard zoot forks? they weigh 1600 grams!!! never have them ever again

• Like 4

I'd normally buy urbans without thinking but I've seen a lot of people on here saying their forks have snapped after 3 months of riding , had no problems running disk on my mod with them but just a bit apprehensive

Theres a few people who installed the bottom race when you're not meant to, and the built in race only works with certain sealed bearing angles.

My Urbans bent within a month of me having them (older ones with no integrated crown race). Was sent out a set of 2013 urbans as a replacement and Im pleased to say theyre much better. Feel stiffer, and my front brake seems to perform better on them (vee). Pretty sweet. Although the Bonz Pro Light 24" forks are meant to be pretty sweet too.

Never seen a TGS basher do one of those before :P

They have the added bonus of making harsh gaps to front seem less harsh by not being punctuated with a massive 'HONK'.

Plus if TGS bashers had the option, I'm sure they would. Even just riding around on a dual HS33 bike sucks, haha.

• Like 1

They have the added bonus of making harsh gaps to front seem less harsh by not being punctuated with a massive 'HONK'.

Plus if TGS bashers had the option, I'm sure they would. Even just riding around on a dual HS33 bike sucks, haha.

Yeah using your foot to slow down while you have a set of one of the strongest brakes out there really sucks :P

Tempted to go front disk due to the fact that it doesn't matter as much what position your body is in when you land a up to front/gap to front.

front brake, pads moving slightly? happens on the hopes so could happen on the tr. mine doesnt do it though...

I don't think that's it I used to get tht on my hope and it was a clanking noise this is slightly similar but I don't think that's it as the pads backing is sanded and used them before with no problems :S

Tightened the topcap to make sure the forks not moving freely?

Yup done that and regreased everything too.

I have a feeling it might be to do with the forks themselves or the hub/spokes :blink:

checked the disc mount for cracks? (or the crown area too).

I would also check the wheel bearings and perhaps grease the brake bolts too (assuming this is where the creaking is coming from?) Also worth checking your stem, frame and bars too.