Foam Grips

315r

Hello!

I'm searching for a new foam grips.

Old Chorrillas was good, no problems in hands after 3 years of use, but new ones, thinner, hurt my hands.Old chorrillas sadly are not available nowadays.

Maybe is time to change to foam grips and I'm searching for something that last long and thinner as possible.

Years ago I try some Monty foam grips and it's true crap. it's last long 2 days!!!!

Now, maybe best buy could be:

- French ID, from Koxx

-Trialtech foam grips, (thinner ones, because they have 2 diameters)

If some other options, please, comment.

Thanks a lot!!!!!

Edited by 315r

I have used many different types of grips, but swear by the Rockman Thick Foams, I have found them to be really easy on my hands, the perfect thin-ness ( can't imagine how thin the 'thin' ones are) and they are also very durable considering they are foam grips. I have got a pair of the new Try-All foams sitting around that I haven't yet tried, but I would imagine they are pretty good too. To be honest though, I don't think you can go far wrong with any of the foam trials grips, because they are all rather similar in my opinion :)

• Like 1

Trialtechs.

Had mine since christmas and only thinking of replacing them as the left one has a rip which has grown (think it came from me falling off)

They haven't even worn down a noticeable amount. they're scare me how long they can last :P

• Like 1

Thanks all for your fast answers!

One last question, Thin trialtech grips have the same diameter as classic try-all / Echo rubber grip or is thinner?

Because this classic diameter are to thick for me, I'm small handed and I'm searching something more thin than this. (classic try-all or echo rubber grip)

Thanks again!

Edited by 315r

Thanks all for your fast answers!

One last question, Thin trialtech grips have the same diameter as classic try-all / Echo rubber grip or is thinner?

Because this classic diameter are to thick for me, I'm small handed and I'm searching something more thin than this. (classic try-all or echo rubber grip)

Thanks again!

Tartybikes has all informations you need to know...

Edited by ghostrider88

Tartybikes has all informations you need to know...

Yes, I know, I checked tarty webpage before ask here, but the question comes because I'm nor really agree with the information that tarty provides.

Just because the diameter of try-all rubber and French ID are the same, 27mm, and for me this seems strange, I have the tryall rubber, and one mate have the french ID and this is lots thinner than my rubber ones.

if you want a small size grip, why dont you just get a big set and cut them down to your own preferable size or are you on about getting the ones with plastic insides.

if you know what i mean

He means small diameter

Yes, I'm searching small diameter.

Thanks trialsiain.

Finally I'll go for trialtech ones, I'll post here the feelings of these ones.

Thanks all!

Edited by 315r

• 3 weeks later...

I think i may have to give foam grips after all the years of slating people for em and the aching blisters on my hands.from using rubber grips. I need something comfy to accommodate my sausage hands.

get tennis racket tape and you can still slate the people with foams and have the nicest feeling grips that don't hurt your hands even without gloves!

get tennis racket tape and you can still slate the people with foams and have the nicest feeling grips that don't hurt your hands even without gloves!

I used to coach tennis and swore by PU super grips (but not for riding trials hahahah, I have 'thick' TT foams and they are beauts). They are fat, adhere well and last for a while.

I'd stick with TT foams though, there's a reason why soo many of us use them

I used to coach tennis and swore by PU super grips (but not for riding trials hahahah, I have 'thick' TT foams and they are beauts). They are fat, adhere well and last for a while.

I'd stick with TT foams though, there's a reason why soo many of us use them

trust me i use tennis tape and its the best ever, the foams are to hard for my liking, if you want good bar feel while still having comfort then go for the tape! cheaper aswell

trust me i use tennis tape and its the best ever, the foams are to hard for my liking, if you want good bar feel while still having comfort then go for the tape! cheaper aswell

The over tape? Or grips? Just because they are two different things ;)

My foams were hard at first but they are softer now (about a week and a half later) and I haven't had blisters since I've changed from rubber to foam - which is always a bonus

• Like 1