The Angry Thread.

Blake

having an annoying time with building an XC bike.

Took months until the right frame turned up on ebay, then it took weeks for them to send it. I wanted to give it a good paint job so I spent a while searching and eventually found a guy on Pinkbike locally who was a professional powder coater by trade who offered a full acid dip, masking and two colours with a lacquer used by Mercedes which is meant to be incredibly tough, he said he'd send me pictures on the process and it would take a few days......two weeks later he still hadn't done it or sent any pics so I send him a message and he said his wifes mum had died so my frame priority wasn't that great....fair enough I thought. He then get back to me a few days later saying it was done so I went and collected it, it looks good but as I've had in a few days now I've noticed the paint quality isn't that great, I'm pretty sure he's not lacquered it at all and it's chipped from just being stored, plus it doesn't look like it's been acid dipped at all, I'm pretty sure I can see the original white paint under on the chipped bits (could be the base colour though?) he also didn't mask off the headset, bb and disc tabs which is annoying.

I got the frame back on Thursday and I was hoping I'd use my local shop to have the bearings put back in but he's on holiday, I tried another shop across town but they said they couldn't fit me in till friday, That's really annoyed me too as it's a five min job. When I worked in shops I'd take 5-10 mins of what I was doing to help someone out, f**k waiting 5 days for them to do a five min job.

I'm so frustrated, I wanted this bike built months ago but everything is taking three times longer than it should, I just want it done!