The Angry Thread.

Blake

Unless his Mum's been f**king ravaged by time, and that's why he posted it in the Angry Thread :P

Seeing as you're from Bristol, Manuel's lurking and it's consuming a lot of my time, finding places to live in Bristol is absolutely dick. "Hi, we've got a place that's over your budget and out of the area you'd like to live. Are you interested?"

• Like 1

Just room share or a flat to yourself?

Probably stating the obvious, but I live in Bedminster and it's kinda "middle ground" - not too bad area, close to centre and sort of mid range price wise. I'll ask around for you, see if I can find stuff, got a few contacts down this way :)

Cheers dude. Bedminster's on my list of places (Y) It seems it's all Filton, really SE Brislington, etc. Just not ideal. Have just found the 'Mark as unsuitable' button though so it'll hopefully save me from looking at the same ads over and over again now :P

Yeah Brislington is a little too far out. It's a shit to get anywhere from there too, I spend my daily commute sat there for ages!

When we came here to look around we decided Bedminster is probably the best bet, but it's kinda hit & miss - one side of the river is pretty ghetto, the other side alright.

I'll see if I can find anything :)

Yeah, my 'commute' is going to involve the M5/M6 so either Bedminster way or more towards Easton/Montpelier/St. Pauls/etc. is good for me too. Just seems most places either want 'a female to balance the numbers', want a ridiculous amount of rent (or deposit), seem to be owned by some kind of mental nazi or just dick. I'm sure something's going to turn up...

Haha, cool - probably handy none of those f**kers replied. I assume it's 'cos they're dead/dying?

EDIT: That said, in London I lived in what was called a really sketchy area. People used to get shot between there and my uni (inconvenient) and Joel and I saw someone get beaten up with a metal bar, but nothing ever actually happened to me...

I don't know if I agree with that entirely. I lived in Easton for a year and I know other that also have experience there and with St Pauls and they are mostly fine. On the surface they may look 'ghetto' but it's all good really. I know it used to be different though!

I would perhaps avoid Stapleton Rd in Easton which is prone to gang related 'events' to, um, use an euphemism.