The Angry Thread.

Blake

The socks still don't fit

You should've left that wall of text up. It reminded me that my life is not too bad, thanks. :P

I wouldn't normally put University in quite such a positive light, but it sounds to me like starting in a Uni course that you're not really interested in would still be a WAY more fun and productive than what you're doing now. I'm assuming you've looked into apprenticeships. I would've preferred to go down that route rather than Uni.

I appreciate that you'd rather do something truly appealing. My idea of hell is sitting at a desk/computer all day every day, but that's precisely what I've ended up doing!

I used to want an ace job so that I'd "never have to work a day in my life", but frankly I gave up on that desire during Uni. Now I'm fairly content with a boring job and a half-decent income that allows me to go out and engage in my hobbies on weekends.

I'm not for a moment suggesting that you or anyone should follow in my incredibly boring and unadventurous footsteps, in fact I'd say try your hardest to be more adventurous, but I'm writing this in the off-chance that it aids your decision process in some odd way.

Main point here: It sounds like almost any apprenticeship or Uni course would be better for you than staying in that depressing job.

• Like 1

i second pete m. here.

i read your text and it was really touching,but after reading it i just couldnt imagine anything anyone couldve been writing to be the right words.

sorry,but thats just some kind of "leaving us speechless" thing

i can only wish you all the best for your healing process after your surgery and give you a tip:f*cking despite anything that´d happen in your life,never give up!

Edited by FamilyBiker
  • Like 1

I also read your original post, and using the new one as a metaphor.. if the socks don't fit don't wear them. Get some new ones, better ones. And don't worry about the socks you could of had, you only get one pair of feet. Socks will only be obscured by shoes in the end. Its just that comfy feel you need.
  • Like 2

got a pair of silver maggie clamps somewhere and cant find´em.but have to to test my echo tr brake for leaks on an old 4-bolt fork before its going on the bike.i want to test it before that because i´ll have to wrap new bar tape for doing it,annoying...

if your better half says she´s cleaning up it obviously means you´ll not find any of your things after that hahaha

Edited by FamilyBiker

Yea I'm defiantly seeing it that way, just hate how applying for uni works in the UK. Think it works out as 2015 would be my first year going down that route but I guess I'll be recovered by then. Thanks for the words

I also read your original post, and using the new one as a metaphor.. if the socks don't fit don't wear them. Get some new ones, better ones. And don't worry about the socks you could of had, you only get one pair of feet. Socks will only be obscured by shoes in the end. Its just that comfy feel you need.

You took that way deeper than I'd thought, I just hope people see it for the Harry Potter reference it is :P Sound advice (Y)

Still waiting on Luke Dunstan to buy a new bike so i can buy his and my Dad won't insure me on his bike. So have to take a coach to brighton next week. This makes me very sad. Gone from an hour n half ride to 5 odd hour coach journey :(.

Ben

Come for a beer!