Gilles Coustellier - Paris Training

J.KYDD

Oh and riding mountain bikes, and street bikes, and being a good sportsman and role model and professional.

Oh and let's not forget how dominant Kenny has been in the past (not very distant either) in world cups/champs.

Who gives a f**k about someone who a few times a year pogos around a shit looking trial slightly better now?

Really ?

Gilles is one of the nicest riders there is. Maybe it's hard for him as he's poor at English

It was only a few weeks ago kenny was bitching on face book about the new gt frame and said some pretty rude things. I thought it was very unprofessional oh him.

But kenny is also a really nice guy and happy to chat to any one.

But yes the video is totally crap.

link? I can't find the pictures now.

I only saw Gilles crying like a baby about the Gt frame.

From memory gilles said it looks just like a coust frame and he was disappointed that gt being such a big company couldn't be more initiative

Kennys reply was gt invented triple triangle before you we're born now shut up

Hardly professional

Name one thing kenny is better than gilles at ?

And don't say kickers. Since Canada Gilles has worked on them and now one of the best.

ok. Kenny is FAR BETTER at not being a complete douche bag to the little kids that idolize him during a comp. Kenny's also better at riding street, other disciplines, and he also has TONS more style. It's funny that Gilles had to PRACTICE kickers. Kenny didn't practice and complete kicked his ass. Shows he's naturally more adaptive and not a one trick pony (only rides trials and trials obstacles.)

As far as the triple triangle...Kenny gave him what he deserves for being ignorant. Gilles is a complete ass to most people, it's good to see he got a little asshole attitude back.

Edited by rupintart

ok. Kenny is FAR BETTER at not being a complete douche bag to the little kids that idolize him during a comp. Kenny's also better at riding street, other disciplines, and he also has TONS more style. It's funny that Gilles had to PRACTICE kickers. Kenny didn't practice and complete kicked his ass. Shows he's naturally more adaptive and not a one trick pony (only rides trials and trials obstacles.)

As far as the triple triangle...Kenny gave him what he deserves for being ignorant. Gilles is a complete ass to most people, it's good to see he got a little asshole attitude back.

Really?

It's probably worth noting that if we're talking about who's the most professional out of the two, one of them gets flown around the world to do work with their huge corporate sponsors and to do shows and adverts for commercial clients, whereas the other doesn't quite have those same opportunities. That doesn't have anything to do with who's better, but in terms of being a professional rider it's a pretty clear indication of who's playing the game the best.

• Like 2

Also:

As we saw this design has been through some kind of debate on facebook... It clearly reminds us about the old Koxx Giaco... There was even a little disagreement between our quadruple World Champions …

It was only Gilles and his friends who started saying ’it’s an old Coust’. We never had the intention to copy any bike… Iast year I showed the engineer a picture of the Curve with the 2 tubes going to the rear and because we wanted triple triangle we decided to add one more tube to the front… Very simple and logic in fact. I totally forgot about the Coust bikes to be honest and when I looked up pictures of the Coust and Koxx Coust I had to admit there was some kind of similarities but if you imagine my bike painted for example with other stickers they would have never started this discussion I’m sure. They over reacted in public and everyone was laughing at it more or less, it wasn’t important neither. There was never really a fight between Gilles and me, we were just fooling around, not sure people got the humor side of it. I have no problems with Gilles. As a matter in fact: this frame was only made to check the Geometry, nothing more. The final model will possibly be totally different. I am looking forward to that and GT’s general manager said that they want to innovate, let’s see what and when they come up with.

• Like 2

Really?

I would say so. I mean, it's admirable in a sense that Gilles afterwards specifically went and practiced kickers because he knew that was a weakness and now over came it. But what's comical is that he had to practice kickers whereas Kenny and several other riders who ride other disciplines didn't have any problems with them. But come on, really you practiced how to ride little ramps? Children and little kids who ride for fun know how to use a curb for kickers. It would be completely embarrassing if I were in his position is all I'm saying, and I'm sure it was given how unprofessional he acted during those times.

It's probably worth noting that if we're talking about who's the most professional out of the two, one of them gets flown around the world to do work with their huge corporate sponsors and to do shows and adverts for commercial clients, whereas the other doesn't quite have those same opportunities. That doesn't have anything to do with who's better, but in terms of being a professional rider it's a pretty clear indication of who's playing the game the best.

Kenny is a business man that's why, Gilles doesn't want to ride demos. He just wants to ride trials

You can see his dislike now that he has to do a little bit for the crowds now he's sponsored by the guys who build the pro series

The game is trials. The don't put your feet down and you win ? Gilles dosnt put his feet down

I can't work out whether you're actually incapable of understanding what I wrote or whether you're deliberately trying to be argumentative...

EDIT: In case it's the former, I thought specifically pointing out that it "doesn't have anything to do with who's better" would've suggested that I wasn't talking about who was the best out of the two, and that referring to it as "the game" suggested that I wasn't talking about the actual act of riding trials. Being a successful professional rider doesn't really have much to do with who can 'not put their feet down'.

• Like 1