Gilles Coustellier - Paris Training

J.KYDD

"best rider" hmmm while I agree he's currently the best at comps, I don't believe current comps really test peoples actual riding ability to the fullest. Gilles is unreal at getting his bike up and over stuff, but I'd say Kenny was a better "rider".

• Like 6

Never mind his bar angle its the camera angles that annoys me even more.

I have showed a big interest recently of watching a lot of comp riders to give me inspiration for tyke trials this years. Such as cousteillers, hannes hermann, vincent, Lazslo Hegedus, Kenny Belaey and Carthy etc.

is it really that stupid since he now is the best rider in our world?

anyhow I really wonder what happened to the frame rate in this vid..

Yeah but he's nothing compared to those guys over at that other world.

P.S. That video (if you can call it that) was atrocious.

true, and I think that's the fault of the way sections are designed, but that's a story for another day.

Your favourite rider helped with designing of sections in aelter and antwerp if I´m not mistaken, and they weren´t any different to those "french" ones. Big,technical moves is where it´s at. Deal with it :P

Akkers?

But yeah, I think there would have been a bit of an outcry if Kenny started messing with the usual comp layout, resulting in a lot of unhappy riders which would then make Kenny look bad, so I don't think it's much or a surprise there were no swinging tables or rolling barrels to get over.

The Itadori comps are where it's at.

I think there would have been a bit of an outcry if Kenny started messing with the usual comp layout.

After the Worlds round in Quebec where there were 'too many kickers' and it became starkly apparent that a lot of the top riders in the world were capable of hooking skyscrapers but couldn't ride up and off a foot high kicker, there were quite a few rumours about Kenny's involvement/relationship to the course designer, and that it was a comp 'designed for Kenny' because it used a lot of kicker lines.

If you think back a few years ago too there was a comp section that just had a balance beam/rail that riders had to go along which claimed quite a few of the top riders because they just couldn't ride along a balance beam on their bikes. It's probably not really much of a surprise that a lot of the finals sections are as sterile as they are these days.

can't find a link to the video with it in, but I was thinking like really big barrels, cable reel size (assuming the one you talked about was smaller?)

I'd love to one day organize a comp with traditional trialsy stuff (rocks, logs, cocncrete etc) then have other things mixed in like a speed trial section, ramps, an uphill section (the further you get up, the fewer points you get like at moto comps), swings, seesaws and stuff like that. Maybe the last section would have you ride through oil soaked mud to make every one brakeless and see how they get on.

I'm far far too lazy to ever do that though.