Jaf 24 Street - My new street beast :-)

Rebelistic

Nice.

What ratio is that? 23:17?

How much clearance is there between the rear tyre and the BB? Think the back end could be 5mm shorter?

i think 10 are possible.

you´d only have to deal with the chainstay/sprocket clearance issues...

nice build,just wondering why the seatstays are joined that far into the toptube,they barely or not touch the seattube?

Edited by FamilyBiker

Nice.

How much clearance is there between the rear tyre and the BB? Think the back end could be 5mm shorter?

It would be possible yes, but as Peter says, the clearance of the front sprocket would have to be looked into when building the rear end (Y).

i think 10 are possible.

you´d only have to deal with the chainstay/sprocket clearance issues...

nice build,just wondering why the seatstays are joined that far into the toptube,they barely or not touch the seattube?

The seat stays do join with the seat tube, but only very slightly. The main reson I do it is to reduce the amount of weld on the seat tube as it is one of the higher stressed areas when riding street (lots of spins and landing at 90 deg puts a massive amount of torsion on that joint) :).

Cheers all,

Josh.

Edited by Rob Leech

The seat stays do join with the seat tube, but only very slightly. The main reson I do it is to reduce the amount of weld on the seat tube as it is one of the higher stressed areas when riding street (lots of spins and landing at 90 deg puts a massive amount of torsoin on that joint) :).

i see,the often you weld,the chances to crack it has :wink:

Cheers for the comments, I've been away for a week so only just got back n seen them.

Nice.

It's 21:15, there's plenty of clearance for the tire. Possibly with a different gear ratio I could get the back end shorter.

• 7 months later...