Quality of life in UK

clerictgm

I don't know whatthef**k you are talking about when you say UK IS EXPENSIVE BLAH BLAH BLAH, then why standard of living is so better in UK? Why cities so cool and clean, well-builded buildings, quality of everything is much higher (medicine, conditions on work). You, who says that UK is bad place to live is stupid or what?

yes you are right, we are all wrong. what could we possibly know living in the country we're talking about..............

have you gathered all your info by looking at postcards? a picture of a posh area of london is not a good representation on the rest of the uk.

• Like 1

Some places the standard of living is good but I definitely wouldn't say quality of everything is much higher. Conditions on work nowadays are wank due to the fact everyone has become a health and safety moron (you cannot do xxxx there in case you hurt yourself and sue us!) and the majority of the public are well into the idea of where there's a blame there's a claim putting costs up for honest people (see previous note).

Also you've got to realise this is a country that's more interested in ditching our own long established traditions for fear of upsetting those who immigrate here, people daren't sing baa baa black sheep in nurserys anymore in case they're branded a racist?!

In the UK people are being pushed out of work as they can't afford to fuel their cars or pay the costs of public transport for the commute.

If you think the UK is such a golden opportunity then stop fannying about moaning on here and get yourself on the next flight out. I'm pretty sure you'll soon find it's not quite the paradise you imagine and Russia isn't the only corrupt place in the world.

I don't know whatthef**k you are talking about when you say UK IS EXPENSIVE BLAH BLAH BLAH, then why standard of living is so better in UK? Why cities so cool and clean, well-builded buildings, quality of everything is much higher (medicine, conditions on work). You, who says that UK is bad place to live is stupid or what?

You are the one, right?

Maybe if you learnt to articulate yourself in a way which is attractive to others you might be able to better your own prospects?

• Like 1

come live in coventry, house prices are dirt cheap, no one wants to live here. surprisingly easy to get a job if you have any kind of skill. but i warn you the locals will make you want to go home pretty sharpish, so probably worth bearing in mind that it isnt pretty, clean or fun. but it is cheap. good place to start if you head over here.

as for NHS stuff and general quality of things like that, they wont be here for much longer IMO, so if you do plan on moving over here, do it sooner rather than later if you want to get the best benefits of moving here.

and as for tax, LOL you will be shocked at how quickly you run out of money, over the last 3 years i have had 2 french house mates, both of which have rinsed through their money very quickly and had to ask their parents for more. the extra expenses on everything really add up. (petrol, alcohol and tobacco are the big ones for me)

also, back to a previous point about america, one of the best things about america is how big it is. therefore the cost of land is less, which in turn makes the price of property less. obviously there are exceptions such as NY or malibu or something, but generally, will be cheaper.

cheers, ash

Edited by Ash-Kennard

I earn 21500 a year and my living costs are 1250 a month. Not bad really,

I run my car, eat, drink, pay bills pay mortgage on all that. The left over pays for updates in the house and bike.

But I don't go out much don't go the pub, cinema ect..

lol, if you started to used home currency to compare cost of living abroad.. You are wasting your time.. The average wage in the UK would not last you two minutes in Aus..

End of the day.. There is a lot of moaning here.. Plenty of opportunities out there for the people who have the right attitude and plenty for the right skill set. NO ONE said life was going to be easy? Yes, you may have to apply for jobs over and over.. But its the determined people who will succeed. The more jobs you apply for with quality applications and exceptional presentation (application and personal) the higher chance of hitting the wage you are after. I see lots of people giving up after being knocked back a few times and settling for a poorly paid job.. Embrace the challenge, you will be much stronger minded once you prosper and more attractive to future employees.

= nice house, car, bike, etc.. It really is that simple but takes hard work and dedication.

Sorry for the rant / some irrelevance..

I though you all love your country and at least satisfied with the quality of life.

Also I want to ask about criminal situation, what is the chance of robbery on the streets/etc? How easily the dispute may turn into a fight?

And what about killing/mutilating someone in defence? In Russia this is a real problem. For example: friend of my friend killed one scumbag and mutilated two out of five that attacked him(he was walking with a girlfriend). 5 vs 1 and pipe in the right place. He was sentenced to 7 years. And that's not fair I think. Also if you broke hand/jaw of attacker you may go to prison for 5 years. This is ridiculous. Well, you have no rights to defend yourself in Russia. And this is twice as ridiculous in country where almost everyone may start a fight for nothing.

Edited by clerictgm

I though you all love your country and at least satisfied with the quality of life.

Also I want to ask about criminal situation, what is the chance of robbery on the streets/etc? How easily the dispute may turn into a fight?

And what about killing/mutilating someone in defence? In Russia this is a real problem. For example: friend of my friend killed one scumbag and mutilated two out of five that attacked him(he was walking with a girlfriend). 5 vs 1 and pipe in the right place. He was sentenced to 7 years. And that's not fair I think. Also if you broke hand/jaw of attacker you may go to prison for 5 years. This is ridiculous. Well, you have no rights to defend yourself in Russia. And this is twice as ridiculous in country where almost everyone may start a fight for nothing.

i think here you would be in shit for beating people up with pipes

i think here you would be in shit for beating people up with pipes

I'm not beating people. How the heck you made this conclusion? You cannot into logic or what? I said that in Russia there are alot of people who can start a fight for no reason. I will fight only in case of defense myself/relatives/wife because it is inevitably. If you can't defend yourself and who you love you not deserve to call yourself a Man.

Robbery depends on where you are. And how vulnerable you look.

Turning into a fight is your discretion really, if you hand over your shit they'll more than likely leave you, although I get the impression you're not that type of guy.

As for self defence... the term thrown around a lot is 'reasonable force'. This means if someone tries to mug you without using or convincing you they have a weapon, giving them a good slot on the nose is fair but breaking their legs or killing them is over the top. If they're telling you they have, a knife or gun, it's different, and if they genuinely look like they'll kill you, killing someone is kind of acceptable. You can still get a criminal sentence for it, it really depends on the situation and the jury in the case.

I'm not beating people. How the heck you made this conclusion? You cannot into logic or what? I said that in Russia there are alot of people who can start a fight for no reason. I will fight only in case of defense myself/relatives/wife because it is inevitably. If you can't defend yourself and who you love you not deserve to call yourself a Man.

No - He was saying that in this country, if a person hit another person with a pipe, the person would get in trouble. Its not just your country. Infact an ex 'colleague' is now in jail for hitting a drug dealer over the head with an iron bar.

• Like 1

Jeez, this guy is just asking a genuine question. I have no idea how quality of life is the uk, or how "safe" it is on the streets at night. I could imagine someone genuinely wants to know that. But the word "safe" means nothing if you don't put it context, it's logical that he supplies some information about his own quality of life, it puts the word safe into context.

i think we all know how "high" :giggle: the quality of life can be in a country like say the netherlands :wink2:

say coffeeshops... :dance:

edit:

like in football,the context would be that it isnt "safe" for the netherlands to play versus germany lol

just joking

Edited by FamilyBiker

I have no criminal record a good degree and a solid job which I have to work and commute for a minimum of 13 hours a day. I am left about £150 which is mine to spend a month. As for safety - I'm not a small guy so don't get victim of so many petite crimes but have been assaulted and threatened with knives - but do I fear for my safety walking home? - No.

Its alright but its no sunshine and roses.