industrial ball bearings

FamilyBiker

since my new marino frame´s on its way to be on its way,i thought a set of new bearings for my pro2 would be a good thing.

i know skf,ina,ezo,fag and so on, but what about noname bearings?

anyone got experiences with them?

got some ibb ones flying around,anyone knowing of their quality?

share your opinions with me

so much interest for such an unimportant part of our bikes?

wow...

You posted it on a Sunday afternoon then only waited a couple of hours - people are going to be out riding, doing things, etc. rather than at home on a computer.

I've never had a problem with the standard bearings so haven't really had to switch to anything else.

You posted it on a Sunday afternoon then only waited a couple of hours - people are going to be out riding, doing things, etc. rather than at home on a computer.

I've never had a problem with the standard bearings so haven't really had to switch to anything else.

do you know what bearings hope does use?

yeah,youre right,i was a bit unpatient.

but if there is something to troll about people give the first reply after minutes,i thought there were chances to be like that in a normal topic lol

FAG, LUK and INA are all divisions of the Schaeffler group but aim at different markets. It's probably more important to make sure you get the right design/spec than worry too much about brand/manufacturer (el cheapo shit aside). Most Schaeffler products should be good but i know SKF are top quality aswell.

unpatient

For some reason that should be impatient. Just for info :P

As with Ali I've used plenty of no-brand bearings from places like simplybearings.co.uk and never had a problem. I think in industry with high loads or temperature then it's worth going for quality but on a bike I doubt there's any difference going for SKF over unbranded cheap ones.

The grade of the steel is all pretty much the same with cheap bearings, its the quality of the grease that matters. For instance my bike hubs use the same bearings as printing machine rollers, so they are widely available as its a standard bearing number. And therefore reasonably cheap. But when you start moving up into precision parts such a s cutting heads on cnc machines like I have at work, they are aerospace grade and have to be made to order, and they are stupidly expensive. On a bike, they are all pretty much the same, just made in a different factory in china and have a different coloured box. You won't be able to tell the difference

Ceramic bearings just aren't needed in trials, we just don't get to the speeds needed to justify any additional cost. You can get bearings with specially hardened races that are better for impacts. But really a normal bog standard bearing from someone like SKF will be more than up to the job.

Lol they fill the bearing with the correct amount of grease in the factory. By weight.Bearings that are dry are normally for inside stuff like gear boxes which are submerged in oil. Or some times greased just to help build them as some can be tricky

If your looking for a more durable bearing just get stainless steel normaly have prefix H

Will last 4/5 times longer on average

Edited by dave33