Post a pic of your non trials bike

Bucky

On 2/20/2016 at 8:21 AM, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

From Paul's?

Yup, bargain!

On 2/20/2016 at 1:53 PM, CurtisRider said:

My mate had one of those, it was rather lovely to ride!

I had my first ride on it on Saturday, I'm impressed so far. I need to put a bit more air the front and rear shocks, but it was a nice first ride.

Heading to Bike Park Wales next Wednesday for some bigger riding, I wanted to head out to smaller local stuff first to make sure it was set up properly.

On 1/19/2016 at 8:57 AM, isitafox said:

Not quite a bike I own but it's my eldest son's 8th birthday in a fortnight so looking at getting one of these beauties! 

85242_5_Supersize.jpg

Tracking one of these down has been a nightmare, out of stock all over the country and none coming in for weeks (except the red one at my cousins bike shop but that's the wrong colour!). Ended up ordering one from a German website for the princely sum of £10 more expensive than the UK price delivered!

Hope nothing goes wrong!!

Forks went to windwave to be serviced, unfortunately the footnut that had rounded off on the bottom of the cartridge has prevented them from stripping them and they're reluctant to cut it off incase they lunch the irreplaceable cartridge :(

They're sending the forks back and I'm going to go at it with some custom tooling made to suit. If that fails I can get the foot nut spark eroded off at a local machine shop :)

The forks are coming back with a new set of seals, oil and a replacement foot nut. Fortunately I'm quite happy to service the forks myself :)

Typically I'm now away on the Isle of Man for a week with work so realistically going to be another fortnight before I can ride the bike again :(

Edited by forteh

I've been wanting to get back on the bike and have had a urge for a single speed hardtail. A hunt on Gumtree found me a frame, cranks, some wheels and other little bits. I have ordered a chain and some other sundries so hopefully the bike will be rolling on Wednesday :) Initially I was going to go rigid but figured some front bounce would be nice so I reassembled my old Pikes. I also have an upgraded Hope wheelset for my Trance :) Hopefully with a good clean it will end up looking alright, certainly ticks my boxes of requirements!

2016-02-28%2015.49.28_zpsqbciwhgq.jpg

2016-02-28%2016.34.52_zpsare29rv3.jpg

9 hours ago, CurtisRider said:

I've been wanting to get back on the bike and have had a urge for a single speed hardtail. A hunt on Gumtree found me a frame, cranks, some wheels and other little bits. I have ordered a chain and some other sundries so hopefully the bike will be rolling on Wednesday :) Initially I was going to go rigid but figured some front bounce would be nice so I reassembled my old Pikes. I also have an upgraded Hope wheelset for my Trance :) Hopefully with a good clean it will end up looking alright, certainly ticks my boxes of requirements!

This is exactly what I've just done, building a commuting bike for work.

Pics later.

The boys bike has arrived so I've just built it up ready for when he gets back from school. I'll be honest, I'm jealous! It's really tidy and should be a great base to last a good few years! 

Just need to hold back on the urge to spend a fortune upgrading it now...... 

IMG_20160229_152131.thumb.jpg.f9838ac48e

• Like 2

For commuting. Charge Duster with Pace forks. Built with random bits I had lying round. Didn't have enough of the same colour chain ring bolts for example...

For the build I bought, frame with fork, brakes and pedals. Everything else was spares from years of hoarding. 

Gearing is 32:15

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Ross McArthur
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I posted my growing collection so here we go...

Dirty 2015 Whyte T130 Works SCR with custom Rockshox stickers, Chris King hubs on Pacenti rims, limited edition Spoon saddle, crank booties, Shimano rotors etc.

P1000314 (Large).JPG

P1000315 (Large).JPG

P1000316 (Large).JPG

P1000317 (Large).JPG

On One 456 Evo built up as a 'don't mind leaving it on the back of a car/taking to Center Parcs' bike with SLX groupset for the most part, Spoon saddle, 1x10 etc.

P1000318 (Large).JPG

P1000319 (Large).JPG

P1000320 (Large).JPG

KHE Evo BMXwith chrome rear rim, fatter tyres and Cult saddle

P1000321 (Large).JPGP1000322 (Large).JPG

P1000323 (Large).JPG 

Ribble R872 with black 105 2x11 groupset and Spoon saddle

P1000324 (Large).JPG

P1000325 (Large).JPG

P1000326 (Large).JPG

• 2 weeks later...

My girl friend had some work to do at a uni out in Lima for a week and had an open return flight home, so I went out to meet her as she was finishing with all that. I only had one day on the mountain bike then the following days consisted of trekking towards Machu Picchu (not on the popular Inca Trail I might add). We were late on booking and missed out but I think we actually ended up walking a better trail, called Lares Trail. The views were spectacular. After MP I spent two days with the man himself in his workshop doing a spot of filming with him. I also met the locals, who thought it was as funny as f that I looped out trying to back hop, since the brakes were on the wrong way. In fact, I think they might still be laughing now. Cheers boys ;) 

• Like 1