Brakeless edit!

Trialarn

Pathetic.

The argument that is, not the riding.

I enjoyed the video. I wish the whole "Riding an inspired in a spiny manner isn't trials" argument would stop.
It is trials. Early bikes looked very much like today's "street trial" bikes, so you could argue that our seatless pogo sticks aren't actually trials bikes... if you were to go by some of the logic used here.

Quit it. The lads trying to get into a sport by using his background to his advantage. I wish I had if I'd known there was more to trials than hopping up some walls when I started.

Edited by Echo Lite 09
  • Like 1

After all these years, I get suspended for that? Really?

How about this then, dan2707 I am not from Scunthorpe, I do not live there. Just choose to ride there, it is only 10 minutes closer than Leeds. I am not a wanker, you have never met me, do not call me a wanker until you meet me in person and I slap one across your face for calling me a wanker in the first place.

Ali C, the invincible Ali C, I do not care who you are, you are not invincible to me. You have gotten away with much worse than what I've been suspended for. Why's that then? The amazing Ali C, tarty bikes sponsored rider, gets away with what he likes.

To finish too, I thought more of you Sam Kidney.

And that's why the Scunthorpe / hull lot get labelled as wankers on here and spit the dummy out when they get called upon just that.

How about this then, dan2707 I am not from Scunthorpe, I do not live there. Just choose to ride there, it is only 10 minutes closer than Leeds. I am not a wanker, you have never met me, do not call me a wanker until you meet me in person and I slap one across your face for calling me a wanker in the first place.

He did not say you lived there (Y)

And Dan's lovely <3

• Like 1

Ali C, the invincible Ali C, I do not care who you are, you are not invincible to me. You have gotten away with much worse than what I've been suspended for. Why's that then? The amazing Ali C, tarty bikes sponsored rider, gets away with what he likes.

ndtv9.jpg

is it reaaaaallllly a trials bike though .. i mean like reaalllllly ?

i see a lot of spins and fakies and skatepark shots ...

i think a video such as this heads much more towards a bmx edit than a "pure" trials edit ..

i think luke cockshotts and possibly flipps (disregarding the obvious lack of stopping devices) riding is bang in the middle of bmx and trials

i can hear the ban hammer a' knocking

• Like 3

He has been riding for 2 months, is 13 and comes from a BMX background. What do you guys expect him to be doing?

Maybe putting some brakes on would help him progress with the trials stuff but if he is into the brakeless then why not.

He has been riding for 2 months, is 13 and comes from a BMX background. What do you guys expect him to be doing?

Maybe putting some brakes on would help him progress with the trials stuff but if he is into the brakeless then why not.

I'm agreeing with the comment on luke and flipp. And the generalisation that this style of riding and many others that pursue it (the lad can do whatever he wants it really doesn't concern me) are more towards the bmx end of the spectrum. I don't understand why people try to deny that?

I also don't understand, why people get aggy about what you do. Carl, you know as a 'tgs' rider that I still enjoy riding with 'street' riders.

At the end of the day it all boils down to how seriously you take your biking.

Personally, as long as I'm having fun, with good people I'm more than happy.

ANYWAY, keep up the riding lad, do what you fancy!

but there is a bmx forum ... and since riding a 24" brakless bike is a lot more like street mtb/bmx then why not join pinkbike or bmx forum ..

if your worried about people on the forum being open minded then take it on the chin or join the sed forums above

serious question, when is the change over? Am I allowed to do a 360 pivot drop? Or how about a stoppie? If Stoppies are allowed then the next step up from that in difficulty is a nose manual which a lot of people may not say is trials, but why not celebrate doing something that is harder than with brakes?

Is the location the turning point? I know a few people are commenting that he's riding in a skatepark, if he was on some rocks carved by the wind to be ramp shapes would that be better?

I'm not having a dig I'm just curious, there has to be some point in peoples minds where the limit has been crossed.

serious question, when is the change over? Am I allowed to do a 360 pivot drop? Or how about a stoppie? If Stoppies are allowed then the next step up from that in difficulty is a nose manual which a lot of people may not say is trials, but why not celebrate doing something that is harder than with brakes?

Is the location the turning point? I know a few people are commenting that he's riding in a skatepark, if he was on some rocks carved by the wind to be ramp shapes would that be better?

I'm not having a dig I'm just curious, there has to be some point in peoples minds where the limit has been crossed.

i think you know the approximate line in most peoples minds about the two seperate styles of riding ..

at extremes we can compare someone like mark westlakes or perhaps your riding to that of damon, gilles etc ..

there is a massive difference .. in my mind the 24" inspired mark rides is in actual fact just an oversized bmx ..

also .. i ride my trials bike to and from different spots and my house ... where do we notice the change between a road bike ... yeah my trials bike hasnt got a seat but that makes it harder right ?

• Like 2

i think you know the approximate line in most peoples minds about the two seperate styles of riding ..

at extremes we can compare someone like mark westlakes or perhaps your riding to that of damon, gilles etc ..

there is a massive difference .. in my mind the 24" inspired mark rides is in actual fact just an oversized bmx ..

also .. i ride my trials bike to and from different spots and my house ... where do we notice the change between a road bike ... yeah my trials bike hasnt got a seat but that makes it harder right ?

I still want to know where people's point of no return is. I feel 360 pivot drops are accepted in trials despite not really having much use, however I think if you did a 360 bunnyhop drop which is harder, that wouldn't be accepted.

I ride the same bike as Mark and I'd consider it a trials bike of the purest type, I can ride everything on it, however I can't do a lot of moves to the biggest degree. But that is my choice, I like how I can ride everything and I am willing to sacrifice height of a few moves to get that.

The road bike argument isn't the same. riding bikes from place to place is as essential as walking, yet when I walk to the kitchen I am not called a "walker" I am just "going" to the kitchen, same with riding a bike from place to place...all I am doing is "riding".

• Like 1

It's a shame trials isn't seen in terms of a community of similar minded people rather than the attempt to divide it over who does which moves. It's also a shame this young chap's video thread has been ruined by pointlessness. I happily ride with TGS riders; they are a part of my community and that's where my thinking ends. Why take it further?

When people point out the differences between peoples riding they only do so for bad reasons. I think that's fairly obvious and that's why people get annoyed. It's basically shit-stirring that doesn't really achieve anything beside that.

Edited by Ben Rowlands
  • Like 2

To finish too, I thought more of you Sam Kidney.

Why so?

Ive voiced my opinion and you voiced yours. No where in my post did I directly slate you at all, it was a generalization.

Im still a basher at heart, but I cant see why this ongoing argument continues to exist when there is really no need for it at all. .

• Like 1

in my mind the 24" inspired mark rides is in actual fact just an oversized bmx ..

Out of interest, what makes my bike an 'oversized BMX' and Luke's Hex a trials setup? If it's the brakes, would Kyle's Hex become an oversized BMX too? Or is it more just that I ride it like an oversized BMX, in that Ali rides the same frame as me but you didn't include him with that?

This isn't from a "f**k YOU!" angle or anything like that, just wondering really.

If you can't see the similarities between a 24" brake less bike such as an inspired and a bmx then I'm afraid you have problems Moreover from watching your videos I see no more than I would in a bmx edit Please don't think I'm having a dig at your riding I also ride bmx and I think you have banging style BUT ... That ain't trials boy

If you can't see the similarities between a 24" brake less bike such as an inspired and a bmx then I'm afraid you have problems Moreover from watching your videos I see no more than I would in a bmx edit Please don't think I'm having a dig at your riding I also ride bmx and I think you have banging style BUT ... That ain't trials boy

I think you may have mis-read my question. You mentioned Luke specifically (at least I think it was you?) before - I was asking what made my Inspired a BMX and his Inspired a 'legitimate' trials setup?