24 streety bike done on the cheap

TrialsRob

I recently bought an onza zoot, but just could not get on with the length of thing, and rather than spend a tonne on a custom built frame I took a gamble on trying out an mtb frame that was being sold off brand new for one quarter RRP @£72.

Specs are

Fireeye shortfuse 360 24" specific frame,

some semi decent welgo pedals,

tnesile optimum cranks,

Rest of the parts are off the 2013 onza zoot.

2013-04-08232311.jpg

I'd like to hear your opinions of it as a streety trials bike, its 990mm wheel base and has quite a low BB (how does this affect riding?).

Having given it a quick ride it feels great, hops and spins very nicely. It does ride quite twitchy though so I'm considering a identiti rebate fork @ 425mm length to give me a bit more confidence on faster moves but with any luck I'll adapt to the current fork.

Pretty much yes, what I wanted from the zoot was a bike for really technical street but it was just too trials orientated in geometry. As you say the trials stuff was a breeze on it but even the most basic street stuff felt unnatural on it. I am however an amateur at both though.

I found my zoot just isn't good for anything street, like I find it difficult just to bunnyhop the thing.

What bar and stem did you have on it and how many stackers?

The Zoot isn't far of the Mk1 foreplay so I'm surprised it's so hard to hop.

What bar and stem did you have on it and how many stackers?

The Zoot isn't far of the Mk1 foreplay so I'm surprised it's so hard to hop.

I THINK it's a 110x35 and the bars are just standard. Stacker wise it's got 2 10mm.

Could probably do with changing the forks to lighten it and stackering it up the nostrils.

I have some high risers to put on already, so we'll see what that does.

I'm at the end of my 3rd year of uni now though so the next month NOTHING is likely to happen