Boston Marathon Explosions

David

The other thing that bothers me is the pictures that are taken, it bothers me that photographers were more focused on taking pictures of bleeding people than trying to do something.

Guess you are in a tricky situation, in the immediate aftermath I'd like to think that most pros would down their cameras and help, then perhaps step back once trained people had arrived. Also a lot of others simply ran away, why didn't they help?

Our local fire station regularly do drills for rescuing people from burning buildings and there was a house fire near here recently. They also do drills to cut people out of crashed cars and there was a crash on the M6 on my way to work today. Coincidence?

• Like 1

Anyone who thinks this is some sort of government conspiracy is a bellend. That practice happened in 2011.

*Awaits Dave*

Da Da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-;)

i saw you had your torch in the window and was flashing the tin foil hat so i got here as quickly as possible ;)

Another staged event-But thats just a gut feeling-Not enough info at the moment to come to my own conclusion-Lets see what happens in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

So you are claiming that they practiced something then the US government set off a bomb in Boston? You still won't say what you mean.

My conclusion is you are an idiot if you believe that.

Care to explain why i am an idiot?

Anyone who thinks this is some sort of government conspiracy is a bellend. That practice happened in 2011.

*Awaits Dave*

Ahh the good old resort to name calling when something is beyond your comprehension (Y)

Is it a coincidence they done these sort of mock terror attacks before the London bombings and 9/11? The London one was on the same day..

Our local fire station regularly do drills for rescuing people from burning buildings and there was a house fire near here recently. They also do drills to cut people out of crashed cars and there was a crash on the M6 on my way to work today. Coincidence?

Really? You are comparing them??

539654_524421930959119_926594104_n.jpg

Too soon?

EDIT: This gives a detailed article on the events (warning graphic!) http://banoosh.com/blog/2013/04/15/boston-blasts-photos-report-warning-18/

Ahh just read that article!

Bottom of it fbi were running mock controlled explosions on the same day!!

Need any more proof, F*** me im done..

Anyone who, prior to actually knowing, closes down the possibility of government involvement, in some sense, is clearly blinded by the bad myth of noble authority; the idea that those in power have good intentions rather than bad. Yet a proper consideration of American foreign and domestic policy will, at the very least, to a sane person, leave the question open. Consider, for example, the CIA's involvement in the sale of crack cocaine in L.A. to fund the right-wing guerillas, the Contras, who terrorised Nicaragua and tried to undermine the democratically elected Sandinistas to gain power. All this whilst claiming to be in the throes of a 'Drug War.' The intentions of government and the power that controls it are currently, mostly, self-serving.

Whomever wants to call someone an idiot for being open to the possibility of government involvement needs to justify what they mean. Calling someone an idiot offers no explanation for why there could be no possibility. What evidence of history and current affairs are you referring to to formulate a total denial of the possibility? Please show us the supposed unblemished record of governments, their agencies, etc. that is presupposed by your dismissal...

I also agree that it's a shame the emphasis this type of event gets because it relates to a certain class of people in a certain location. This isn't to say it's not a terrible thing but it is to say that there is clearly a type of racism that underpins the evaluation that makes this event so much more important than others that are significantly worse when you see all human being as having the same value...

Edited by Ben Rowlands

Don't worry, I won't be getting very involved because people aren't really that interested in having a proper discussion. New ideas and evidence that goes against certain norms isn't given the attention it deserves and most people just want to rationalise away views that might upset them. I don't imagine that adding anything beyond what I've put will achieve anymore.

As we've already seen, debate is only allowed within certain narrow margins that don't upset commonly held views. You get called an 'idiot' if you step outside those margins. I'd call that ironic.

Edited by Ben Rowlands
  • Like 1

Always the same whenever these arguments arise its the old stereotype " conspiracy theorist " " nut job " " idiot ", as if our trusting / cause harm to no one government would do such a thing, as you are going against something in which people have been brought up to believe that everything the people in power are doing is in our best interests

Exactly, calling someone a conspiracy nut or whatever is the quickest way to invalidate what they have to say. It's a means of irrationally closing somebody down rather than rationally doing so on the basis of the evidence, facts, etc. that justify the reasonableness of what they have to say.

Just to be certain, I'm in no way claiming the government is responsible here. I am, instead, being critical of the uncritical assumption that the government could definitely not be involved. I don't know enough about the event to lean in any direction at this point.

Edited by Ben Rowlands

I have no doubt some things in the world that go on are not as they seem. However 2 explosions endangering lives in America I highly doubt is some form of coverup, I feel it is disrespectful to even suggest that. I apologise for the word idiot, but I guess opinions are there.

I think I'd be more surprised if a random civilian did it than the government, just because the government could do it doesn't mean everyone in the government would know.

I bet the government is very divided behind the scenes.

You really have to believe that the people you put your trust in don't give a f*** about your well being and all you are to them is a modern day slave, after that you can clearly see what's happening in the world with an open mind /heart.

You just sound really angry. Are you bitter about anything in particular to make you hate government?

I don't feel like a slave, I can live anywhere I choose to within the EU. I can live in most other countries if I really really wanted to as well. I can choose any job or profession I want to persue in the whole world. I've been in hospital 3 times this year already and every time I received amazing healthcare by the NHS and it didn't cost me a penny (apart from N.I payments which is cheap and you never see).

I feel sorry for you if you feel like a slave. I really do. We are so lucky to live how we live, and would be a whole lot worse off without government in my opinion.

I'm also not saying some people in power aren't greedy, ego driven pricks, but overall I think they do a good a job as is possible. A country is a business, and Britain is a hugely successful business. Britain along with a lot of countries like America provide the average person with more opportunities and chances of a healthy, happy and successful life than most other countries.

I feel like I'm in safe hands. Ye, I moan about this and about that, but its all pretty petty stuff in the bigger picture.

• Like 4

Ok some of you may have strong opinions on the subject; unless you can actually prove anything; even if it takes your whole life getting high enough in government should you feel strongly enough to prove it.. Otherwise in my opinion your wasting your lives on issues you can't do anything as a civilian about. Go do something more productive with your lives (Y)

You just sound really angry. Are you bitter about anything in particular to make you hate government?

I don't feel like a slave, I can live anywhere I choose to within the EU. I can live in most other countries if I really really wanted to as well. I can choose any job or profession I want to persue in the whole world. I've been in hospital 3 times this year already and every time I received amazing healthcare by the NHS and it didn't cost me a penny (apart from N.I payments which is cheap and you never see).

I feel sorry for you if you feel like a slave. I really do. We are so lucky to live how we live, and would be a whole lot worse off without government in my opinion.

I'm also not saying some people in power aren't greedy, ego driven pricks, but overall I think they do a good a job as is possible. A country is a business, and Britain is a hugely successful business. Britain along with a lot of countries like America provide the average person with more opportunities and chances of a healthy, happy and successful life than most other countries.

I feel like I'm in safe hands. Ye, I moan about this and about that, but its all pretty petty stuff in the bigger picture.

But you are a slave you just think you are free, you still have to abide by the law ( anti terrorism laws which can detain you and do whatever they like just by naming you a terror suspect without evidence) pay tax on everything etc etc,,

Safe hands hey, i wonder what your view would be if one of your relatives was in the trade centre when it collapsed? One day you could be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You could say im angry yes but thats because i believe innocent people are being murdered and the people behind it are getting away with it. Its called compassion for the human race, Its as clear as day to me..( Not to mention all the people in Iraq / Afghanistan who are getting slaughtered on a day to day basis and are innocent people.)

How would you feel if you was born as an Iraqi and British and American troops murdered your family, raped your wife, would you feel safe then?

Ok some of you may have strong opinions on the subject; unless you can actually prove anything; even if it takes your whole life getting high enough in government should you feel strongly enough to prove it.. Otherwise in my opinion your wasting your lives on issues you can't do anything as a civilian about. Go do something more productive with your lives (Y)

I am very productive thanks for the advice, i have a very good job which i get robbed for in tax, have two beautiful kids and a gorgeous fiance and all the toys i could want, still doesn't stop me from having these views now does it.

Edited by i like cunning stunts