My obsession.

TrialsRob

Where do you get monitors for 35 pounds?!

Where else but ebay, they are old but so far I've found the only real issue with aging monitors is brightness - the older they get the dimmer they become but I prefer dim monitors as it makes coding a little easier on the eyes.

I'm not sure how great an idea it was to buy them used economically though given £100 would buy me a new monitor, but 8*£35 is a manageable, 8*£100 is certainly not.

They must be really shit monitors.

Personally if I had this 'obsession' I would be keeping it to myself :P

1400 by 900 @ 17" isn't too bad, but yeah still budget monitors.

ati eyefinity and higher end GC's can support 6 monitors from a single graphics card, so 8 is easily achievable with crossfile/sli

I know, I run 3 monitors in eyefinity. Crossfire doesn't work like that though, only the top cards outputs work, the other cards just act as extra GPUs.

I've also run 5 monitors before by linking my graphics card to the on-board using ATI Surround.

Still think he's trolling though. I'd gladly be proved wrong if he'd answer my earlier for a pic with TF open. :-P

Edited by Muel

Its not about looking at 8 screens at once, its about not having to rearrange workspace to see everything, when doing web design a typical usage might be;

Chrome - google for problem solving,

A pdf explaining whatever,

test server settings,

testing web browser,

html code,

file directory,

php code,

more php code,

There we go, eight screens and eight things that might fill them at any one time, seamless switching from one to the other. And more still that could be added to the list.

Cmon Sam why would anyone lie about that haha?!

Very, very, very small penis?

C'mon, pic or it didn't happen. This is a fundamental rule of TF, and the wider Internet.

This, it is the law. If you don't submit a pic with the criteria fulfilled, then you're lying, and the criteria start to become challenges.

It's now 1 screen showing TF and your arm holding a sock, or you're telling untruths.

TF isn't the only bike related forum in the World :P

Southern Downhill (Now ride.io, the most retarded re-branding of a website ever!) can be seen on the bottom left monitor.

Boasting Posting on other forums:

http://ride.io/forum/index.php/topic,270443.0.html

I would suggest you put a curtain rail up and have your computer area hidden behind a curtain just in case you ever manage to get a girl over for some sexy time.