FiberFix - Repairing my Zoo! frame

Guillermo Marin

18 hours ago, Guillermo Marin said:

This thread was about the FiberFix stuff. Some trials riders have been posting videos in Facebook about it. I just wanted to try it using one of my broken frames, after the FiberFix fail i've tried to repair it anyway.

And i don't have idea what 'mong' is about.

One of my "broken" frames

I love G's approach. You have to be quick to catch his videos. Some people could take a lesson on the school of G videos and delete their own, they're so bad!

Cutting his frames up is almost like letting go. I've got a bunch of Ashton frames in my cellar that "I will get round to building". Let go Ross, its not worth it.

• Like 6

On 22/08/2016 at 1:51 PM, Ross McArthur said:

I love G's approach. You have to be quick to catch his videos. Some people could take a lesson on the school of G videos and delete their own, they're so bad!

Cutting his frames up is almost like letting go. I've got a bunch of Ashton frames in my cellar that "I will get round to building". Let go Ross, its not worth it.

Storage wise its got to be better, always add a hinge. 

• Like 1

So... lesson is... dont bother with fiber fix!? That plated and bolted splice is well funny by the way! In all seriousness though the only way i know to fix a frame is welding it but a weld in the middle of a thin gauge tube like that has its own problems, the weld is likely to just blow through and even if you could lay it by using some kind of backing strip it'd probably fail when using the bike due to locked in stresses in the weld giving a lack of ductility. Best throw the frame out in instances like this, despite what fibre fix may claim.