New 26" Echo? With tensioner...

Ross McArthur

5 hours ago, Felix_HBtrials said:

I am unsure about that Echo Bike FB page, who deals with it? 
It states as located in USA ?

For the bike, it's great. 
They need a 2 piece crankset and then it'll be awesome!

Echo has started using EchoBIkeUSA's FB page as their primary page, and their USA distributor, is the admin.  He is actually a super nice guy and easy to work with.  I'm not sure how it works outside of the USA, but here shops order from a distributor in LA who gets freight orders from China and then ships them to the individual shops.  It works well for since there are only a few (3 I think) Echo dealers in the USA and freight shipping items to LA is slow but very cost effective.  The distributor was also running EchoBikeUSA as an online shop for awhile to sell direct to the American public, but it never really got past a website without products, and looks like that effort has stopped.  The fb page now points to Echo.Bike and Echo.Bike points to the FB page, with the only artifact being the page is @echobikeusa on facebook even though it's renamed Echo Bike.

Yes to the 2 piece crankset! They also need an update to their rear rim.  I bent the sidewalls within a few hours on 3 different 26" rims, if they make it an h or I-beam shape it'll help keep the sidewalls stiffer, and the cutouts aren't the best shape.

Edited by cwtrials
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, cwtrials said:

EchoBikeUSA stuff...

That explains a lot - cheers for the info Craig (Y)

Good to see Echo are improving things here and there.  Splined drivetrain, tapered head tubes, press-fit bearings, etc. - they're doing a good job to be fair.  Value for money is nuts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Herbertlemon102 said:

the thing that intrigues me most about this is actually those rims. 2 valve holes, no crown or h profile, they look 2 dimensional :huh: 

it's so you can run two tubes at once to make the bike lighter and add extra puncture resistance. 

8 hours ago, ItsMatt said:

it's so you can run two tubes at once to make the bike lighter and add extra puncture resistance. 

Yep.

The Japanese had this technology last year in BIU worlds- they have a rim that takes three 26x1" tubes.  The middle tube filled with helium, the outer tubes with standard air- Nabekana was questioned as he won with almost no dabs... After much deliberation the trials federation of Japan ruled that it wasn't allowed in future competition as the helium lightened the rotational mass- there is no reason why we can't use it just on our street rides.  

Rinse that gap.

• Like 2