Trials forum time machine

Al_Fel

Most of us have been here for the best part of 20 years and hopefully we'll be here for the next 20 years or so!

I was just thinking it would be interesting to make a topic where people make predictions of the future and we could maybe look back over the years and see if anyone got anything right.

I'll start with a couple of my own predictions/beliefs

1. Electric cars will fade away. I don't think Electric cars are sustainable or environmentally friendly. I think Hydrogen (maybe even ethanol) will eventually be the successor to Petrol and Diesel.

2. More evidence will show that civilisation is a lot older than we think and there was a massive global catastrophe about 12000 years ago.

3. Covid-19 will be proven to be man made in Wuhan China.

4. New evidence will show the 9/11 terrorist attacks were known about and allowed to happen.

5. Bit coin will be outlawed for a period of time but then come back again.

6. Elon Musk will get investigated for dodgy dealings.

Controversial but that's my opinions of some things that will happen in the future. Most of them are based on things that have already happened. I'll add to the thread when I think of anymore.

In terms of EV's I'd probably disagree, Tesla has made them too sexy and awesome for people to not want IMO. In terms of production they're not very environmentally friendly but most consumers don't actually care about how environmental their purchases are. The biggest concern would be the amount of Lithium available but never bet against humans doing whatever they can to make the world how they want it lol, it'll find a way

Covid could have been started in a lab and leaked accidentally, not at all unrealistic. Just important to distinguish it as a lab leak instead of a bio-weapon. 9/11 could have been known, but I bet if the NSA/CIA were to treat every potential threat with the upmost concern then there would be a whole lot of problems, I'd say they probably just made a bad call. Bitcoin prediction is pretty fair and Elon thing is pretty fair but he wont change professional positions. 

I think Nuclear is absolutely the future. There have been a few catastrophic incidents due to blatant disregard for safety and negligence so that has the public scared of it, but once we get through the high upfront costs and make people understand that it's actually amazing (See: Thorium reactors), then in no time we'll be probably 90% nuclear energy based. Just gotta show people how dope it really is

Edited by Alyksett

I'm completely disagree with your first 4 points. All but one seems to be conspiracy theories so I won't touch them.

But yeah, all roads lead to electric cars. Every other type of fuel needs reasonable amount of effort to make. Electricity can just be made by sticking a windfarm or a solar panel in a field somewhere, and we already have the infrastructure to get electricity to our homes. The only reason electric cars aren't more popular is because there's so little places to charge them, and people are reluctant to build charging places because there's such a small amount of electric cars on the road. Once that vacuum breaks, we'll see an explosion of electric cars. More so when we figure out how to store electricity better.

As for the next 20 years, I think we'll see real advances in cancer research. I think mRNA advances due to covid will really push that tech on to cancer and we'll see the numbers drop dramatically.

Brick and motor stores will have been decimated by 2040 and we'll see a resurgence of small local stores that sell a little bit of everything. Seeing a drone flying through the air will be a common occurrence.

2 hours ago, JT! said:

I'm completely disagree with your first 4 points. All but one seems to be conspiracy theories so I won't touch them.

What's the issue with conspiracy theories?

I don't expect people to agree or disagree with my predictions. I'm just making predictions based on my life experience.

I think Augmented reality will become a huge thing and just blow up over night. It will be when VR headsets become totally wireless. All you need is a camera on the front and everything you see can be altered.

I had the idea of using it to design layouts for your home. You could walk round an existing building and see how it would be when its finished. That would help with the placement of all the services, what you can fit where and what layouts look good to you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al_Fel said:

I think Augmented reality will become a huge thing and just blow up over night.

Now that I can agree with. I was playing about with google lens the other day translating stuff from Spanish to English just by pointing my phone at it. Imagine if you could take that technology and place it into ordinary pair of glasses, you could just look at a bird and google would tell you what type of bird it is. 100% going to happen.

• Like 1