Counterbalance. Bike 05 Video

Pork Pie

Hey,

I was going to wait until a website has been launched to bring out the video, but as people have said, it'll probably be old news by then.

Basically, 'Counterbalance' is myself and a mate, who like making videos. May not be too good at making them mind:p but we like doing it. Ranging from trials, to kayaking, to climbing etc. We're hoping to bring a site out soon,

but I'm not actually sure how 'soon' soon is.

So yeah, the bikeshow vid;

Firstly, I just want to say a huge, huge thanks to Simon at Trials-Shack. Who else do you know who is willing to host a 300 Mb vid, Legend!

Yeah, so 300 Mb, mpg format, 30 minutes long. Filmed on the Saturday. 5 DV tapes worth :P

Really sorry about the audio. It was fine in premiere, but once exported, it seems really fuzzy in the loud parts. Kinda painful:p

Also, the video seemed better in Premiere:( Dunno why, but it's probably having a smaller window to see the video, so doesn't seem as shaky.

More excuses :-" : I was using a camcorder that I've never used before, and kind of screwed up the white balance, hence it being really bright in the white bits (Y) I had appeture in manual too, and didn't know how to use it properly :-"

But yeah, just thought the tinternet might like to see a video. It's not a final edit or anything, keeping the DV tapes for future plans and stuff hopefully :P Being 3ccd and broadcastable, they may come in handy :P

I just hope 30 minutes of one day doesn't drag on too much. It probably will though:p

Once again, big ta to Trials Shack.

Trials-Shack Link. What a guy!

Let me know what you think, constructive critisism is awesome.

Ta,

Dave

Edited by Dave Gill

What a belta of a vid.

Who was riding the silver 20" monty?

Chris Walker ;)

Indeed, that video was proper sweet mate...to say it went on for half hour, i never got bored...i was always wondering what was gonna come next.

You done a good job there. (Y) (Y)

Even better was the fact that i saw me in the crowd, near the beginning, when otpi had twisted forks/handlebars and was on the logs ;)

Again top vid (Y)

Well done Dave, you god! I thought you might have got loadsa footage, always saw you dashing around with Nick G filming. Very nice vid, well edited, and nice quality too (Y) Pat on the back from me ;)

Rossi.

This is more then likely because i was there 3 days, and saw the moves over and over, as well as filming half of them myself, but i got bored within the first 5 minutes ;)

Some bloody good riding though, and i saw some stuff i missed in the flesh, which was fun.

Nice video though heh (Y)

Red ashton, is kurt brain(ithink) and black bike with gold rims was chris donney (Y)

gavin bedford you tit ;) and chris doney was riding a revell (Y) nobba ;)

that video is a lot better than i excepted. the same level of editing was roughly kept up all the way through the vid and made it enjoyable to watch. really good video (Y) (Y)

Edited by James_Porter

Really sorry about the audio. It was fine in premiere, but once exported, it seems really fuzzy in the loud parts. Kinda painful:p

Ta,

Dave

Anyone else find that the music was really crackly in places?  The Kaiser Chiefs were unlistenable, 'cos of all the hiss.  Maybe it's my PC though?

Cool vid, liked the music (Y)

Call yourself a senior member tut tut tut.

Cool vid (Y) Gave me a chance to see most of the stuff I half-saw on Saturday at better angles ;)

Even though I was listening to it with my headphones on quite loud, then there was the hissy part when the crowd and Mr. R were going mental which almost deafened me ;)

Thanks for putting so much effort in though ;) Good job!

Mark