Trials-shack, The Time Has Come

Simon

Morning. :-

It took me some time to come this decision, and i must stress, its not a decision i came to lightly either.

Trials-shack is now in its 10 months, and sadly, its last month. On the 24th of this month (if the bandwidth lasts that long), unless Plan B has some success, the server will be unplugged.

I was going to explain in full why, but i don't see the need to bore you with the story of my life, so to cut a long story short, its lack of funds, as well as time. Hell, in the last 6 weeks, i've coded nothing on v3, and i was hoping for it to be finished soon. As well as time and money, i believe i'm simply not providing a good enough service, what with closing the server before the end of the calendar month and such like.

I am e-mailing a few companies in the hope that some like my proposal and will part, or even full sponsor the new server. If you wish to read my proposal, then feel free to drop me a PM or e-mail and i will send it on. Be warned though, its 2 pages worth of the longest words i (and mark) could find. :lol:

Joking aside, i hope Trials-Shack has been of some help to you, and i can only hope some companies see the potential it had, and still has.

If by some miracle i do get the funding required, you will ofcourse be notified.

Simon.

PS: i'm expecting an influx of "oh my god, lets donat0rszzz!11!!one!1!!!", and to put it simply, don't bother. Its all well and good mass donating now, but its not a steady source, and all donations will be donated straight back.

Its bad news to hear, trials shack has been such a good resource of videos, without its hosting im sure people will miss it as we will be limited to eengoedidee and suchlike :lol:

Anyways, i hope that companies do realise its potential and sort you out with some help for the site :-

I should hope the big companies see this and help support trials shack. For a start I'd have never seen Martyn Ashton ride as all my Martyn Ashton videos have come from there :lol:

Understandable, but still sorry to see it go

If plan B fails, which I hope it doesnt cos any company would be stupid not to take TS on, then I really dont know what's gonna happen to trials based media on the net. TS has provided a legendary service and I for one dont know what I could have done without it.

Simon, you'll always be THE man of the media world and I wish you every luck in getting the companies you've contacted into getting on board with the shack'!

Jonny.

Dam, thats a bummer!!! Most of us rely on trials shack n the vids it hosts to improve n show off our riding. Lets hope some of the companeis that you n other riders get in touch with help the shack out. What about every member mass emailing the main/big companies?

Anyway will keep fingers crossed!!!

Dude, nobody else could have done what you've done, so well done basically, I heard you were spending crazy money per month, so it's perfectly understandable what you're doing.

Cheers for the service though, without a doubt, the best place to host videos ever :-

well i just sent you a tenner. don't bother sending it back though because it's the first donation i made to the shack, i know i should've before. :lol:

pretty simply it's for the help you've been giving me so its more of a present to you personally, i'm sure you can find a use for it. (beer money) :-

thanks for the help and the service you've givin us, you've been a star!

please just charge people...

People wouldn't pay, or people are not allowed, or people simple can't be bothered to setup pay pal.

I would also much rather close, then charge people, as it defeats the object of trials-shack. Yes, you may say i'm being stubborn and possibly contributing to the demise of trials-shack, and yes i know, but that won't change the fact of the matter, and that is i wont ever charge if i can help it.

The contacting of companies has begun by the way, and thanks for all your comments. :lol:

With that boss letter, you should be able to get something, hopefully :lol:

Cheers for all that you've done though, Si. It really is much appreciated. I guess people won't realise how much they've relied on T-S 'til it goes, which sucks a bit...

Anyway, good luck with the companies!

Mark

Sad to see that TS could be ending. Im not sure who your host is or if its some different kind of hosting or how much you pay but i am with www.streamlinenet.co.uk and im using the unlimited user package, i have unlimited bandwidth and web space etc all for roughly £70 for 2 years. Now they say if for some reason they can't host / keep up with the bandwidth they will fully refund the full hosting fee! I've been using and hosting videos on the server for 2 years in November and have had no problems what so ever with bandwidth and transfer rates have always been high and steady. If this is of no help then just ignore me :lol:" :-.

Well good luck on getting some company to help you out.

Danny

Edited by Yorkbiketrials.co.uk

Really sorry to hear about this :o/ I hope something comes through to keep the shack going. It'll be weird if it disappears, TS has been around since I joined the forum and seems quite an integral part of the place.

It's all really appreciated Si - do let me know if there's anything I can contribute to help.

Sad to see that TS could be ending. Im not sure who your host is or if its some different kind of hosting or how much you pay but i am with www.streamlinenet.co.uk and im using the unlimited user package, i have unlimited bandwidth and web space etc all for roughly £70 for 2 years. Now they say if for some reason they can't host / keep up with the bandwidth they will fully refund the full hosting fee! I've been using and hosting videos on the server for 2 years in November and have had no problems what so ever with bandwidth and transfer rates have always been high and steady. If this is of no help then just ignore me  :-"  :P.

Well good luck on getting some company to help you out.

I think the problem with that maybe where they say: If we cannot host your Website due to high bandwidth we will refund the entire hosting fee. Considering the crazy amount of bandwidth that TS eats through, I think it wouldn't be long before the hosting costs would be refunded :) It seems like a very good deal though, depending on what sort of limit they would normally start to consider more than they could handle.