Trials-shack, The Time Has Come

Simon

Moan if you will..

How much bandwidth was TS using up? and how much was this roughly costing?

I was just wondering...

Be a shame to see it go.

Cheers for all your work :shifty:

I was allowed 1200GB a month. It normally used that up before the end of the month. If i was allowed to go over, or just let it run over, it would easily be up to 3000GB a month.

Its costing between £62 and £67, depending on the exchange rate. The new server is somewhat more then this.

No has even bothered to reply, let alone offer sponsorship, so it don't look like its happening im afraid. 6 days left.

May sound nerve racking Si, but like I said not so long ago to you, why not ring the people directly? Especially Animal? THE Worldwide Freeride giants may take an interest? If you dont see it as doable, dont worry dude. Your money, do what you want, and do what Lee said, spend money on YOU :shifty:

Ive pretty much sorted a host for my videos... not cheap, but not as expensive as TS was. Just about enough b/w for a month at a time of TM videos... here's hoping anyway!

J.

Guess it shows how tight or unintersted Koxx are in their market, probably couldnt see it as an investment and a MASSIVE marketing tool.

i don't think anyone could have said it better! those were my excact thoughts, how come a company who must sell thousands of frames and alot of top riders can't find a bit of cash to back a grass routes nesecity like this?

i'm off to foward this to fred savage in the hope he'll pass it on to koxx fr and they'll realise how tight fisted their being...

i don't think anyone could have said it better! those were my excact thoughts, how come a company who must sell thousands of frames and alot of top riders can't find a bit of cash to back a grass routes nesecity like this?

i'm off to foward this to fred savage in the hope he'll pass it on to koxx fr and they'll realise how tight fisted their being...

By the sounds of it Si got through to the French guys who could hardly speak french and probably dont see trials-shack (a UK thing) as being that important. Would you pay £60 a month for some random file sharing server in France to let french people download videos? :shifty: It may seem like not much money for a company, but its still £60 which they don't NEED to spend.. Maybe contacting Fred directly would be a better idea.

Also picking up the phone is a better idea, but to be honest I wouldnt really have had the guts to do that a couple of years ago.

If your still stuck in a few days Si, chat to me on MSN and ill have a look at the TF accounts and see if we can sort anything out? :shifty:

It's just business though isn't it? Would it really make Koxx sell any more frames? The very fact that we are all talking about them here without any adverts anywhere really suggests that they don't need the publicity...

It's all about public perception though. For example, KoxxUK support Trials-Shack, people think "hmm, good. Koxx are supporting them/doing something to help trials, other than sell on stuff." (Even though that'd be their motive, but you get hwat I mean (Y))

Other companies, not naming any names (Y) , just rebadge parts, sell them on for more, and that's it. This kinda shady business tactic means that their public perception goes down, so people are less likely to buy their next copied product.

So it would help in some ways, but I guess Koxx.fr weren't the people to talk to...

It's just business though isn't it?  Would it really make Koxx sell any more frames?  The very fact that we are all talking about them here without any adverts anywhere really suggests that they don't need the publicity...

Alot of companies are getting alot of free advertising though TS. I mean look at CLS's zoo vid's. Shame you can't charge them.

Alot of companies are getting alot of free advertising though TS. I mean look at CLS's zoo vid's. Shame you can't charge them.

yer the best thing zoo ever did was to sign CLS advertising wise. t-s are hosting there his vids aswell as his own site so then surely that is some mega free advertising. takes the piss a bit really.

yer the best thing zoo ever did was to sign CLS advertising wise. t-s are hosting there his vids aswell as his own site so then surely that is some mega free advertising. takes the piss a bit really.

yup, good tactics, like they were saying before-why spend money you dont need to? if you can get free advertising, then use it

gotta remember that not every trials rider uses trials shack yet its bandwidth gets sucked up in no time, it would have to be advertised lots, then huge amounts of riders would end up using it, then it would cost more to run....i think-im not entirely sure how much this all costs per month but is it really worth it? also considering if say koxx sponsor ts-they wont want riders with zoo! echo or onzas to name a few on it? cos it wont really promote their brand as effectively

its a pity that trials shack has come to this, its hosted a huge amount of inspirational videos to me and i think thats the same for alot of us

so anyways thanks simon, and good luck (Y)

Well, nothing to say really. No one liked my idea, and the people that did offer, didn't meet the criteria i had set out.

I just hope its helped some people in the 11 months it had.

Everything will now redirect to the trials-shack good-bye page, which has thank you's, along with information regarding everything.

Thank you for your time, and your custom. ;)

Hopefully, one day Trials-Shack will return, with proper backing, and then v3 can be finished and released, at which point, v1/v2 may be open sourced. Same goes with any other bits of information relating to Trials-Shack.
Here's hoping :-

Anyway, cheers for everything you've done for us ^_^