Trials-shack, The Time Has Come

Simon

This is sad news indeed :D

But thanks for such a great service. I have downloaded many a good vid from the shack. :S

What makes it even more special is that you did it on your own and not with support from other companies etc. just makes me wish that I had donated when it was needed :rolleyes:

Hope you find a company to sponsor the site as they would be foolish not to :D

All the best Gavin :D

Yea it might be a bad thing for trials media files, and their distribution, but I can only see this as a good thing for Simon.

If any of you knew how hard he has worked at this, and how much of his won money has gone into it.

And alot of you just chuck any old video up, and expect 100% free service, and complain as soon as the slightest hitch arrives.

Simon has given sooo much up, just to give you guys what you want.

Well I say its time for that to stop.

Simon has tried soo hard to get some money out of people who use his serivces, and all you do is come up with excuses.

Simon, close it all now, and dont look back.

Treat yourself with the money your work hard for.

If you guys want all your videos up online, open your own damn wallet and pay up.

Simon has tried soo hard to get some money out of people who use his serivces, and all you do is come up with excuses.

If you guys want all your videos up online, open your own damn wallet and pay up.

He's always said he wants Trials-Shack to remain free? :rolleyes:

Either way, I hope something gets sorted out Si. Would be a shame for your work to disappear without trace! Good luck :D

So you donated £5, whilst in the knowledge that only you possessed that he should have "pulled the plug long ago"? 

To be honest Adam, I don't really get why you keep coming back here.  You just seem to again try and do these sorta confrontational/controversial posts just to try and piss people off, when really it's just making you look like a knob?  Before, you seemed to be one of the better people around here, releasing some decent videos and so on, so why are you just being a tit now?

My posts on here.

Confrontational / Controversial?

I don't think I have been offensive to anyone. However, in the last 12 hours I have been called a knob and a tosser by two moderators, and also a f**king tool. I don't understand why people are getting so offended? Sure enough, my recent topics in chit-chat have been pretty controversial, but that was only to get people talking. They didn't really work out, and people just seemed to get pissed off. Oh well.

I donated £5 to help keep trials-shack running, my last video was hosted on there, I thought it was the least I could do. Si has offered to recompensate those who donated.

What I said in the last trials-shack thread: Post. If he doesn't want to charge, fair enough. There was nowhere better to host videos. Hopefully this will put a stop to people putting out pointless videos each weekend, hundreds of people download them, and then delete them. I would hope they have donated to Mr. Fryer in the past.

Sure enough, my recent topics in chit-chat have been pretty controversial

Yes.

...and people just seemed to get pissed off. Oh well.

Which seemed to basically be what you wanted to achieve, which is why I don't get why you posted some stuff. It's fair enough starting a 'controversial' thread with an open mind, but it just seemed that you were always trying to do these things to lead to people getting pissed off, which is precisely what you achieved in this thread, judging from the reactions of George and Joe. You didn't need to say what you said, but you did it purely to upset/annoy people, and I don't really see the point in doing stuff like that.

Who knows.

I think it was meant to be funny, but then it backfired because Si actually agreed to pay back. Then people took it (more than) the wrong way and my website creating skills end up getting dissed lol.

We all know Adam is also upset at its closure, just as everyone is. Simon said he'd give back donations so Adam just asked for it back. I don't see what was wrong there. Unless Simon was saying it rhetorically, expecting nobody to reply - which was going fine until Adam screwed it up haha.

And he hasn't really made a tonnage of controversial threads. The North/South divide one had no way of stirring controversy in my (and obviously Adams') eyes, but somehow did end up that way. The heirarchy one, well... there we go. A lot more fun than most other topics, though.

This forum is turning too pussy-footed. Go on some other forums and most of you'd get flamed after 5 minutes. Yes it's lovely and cosy with all the peace and the singing and the flowers, but there needs to be a shit stirrer once in a while.

Unless Simon was saying it rhetorically, expecting nobody to reply - which was going fine until Adam screwed it up haha.

Not at all. I'm pretty sure Adam was expecting me to go "No way dude, its my money", but heh.

I only gave it back as i can't be bothered with this shit, but oh look, it happened anyway.

A donation is exactly that. He had no right to ask for it back, and i had no right to give it back, but heh.

And he hasn't really made a tonnage of controversial threads. The North/South divide one had no way of stirring controversy in my (and obviously Adams') eyes, but somehow did end up that way. The heirarchy one, well... there we go. A lot more fun than most other topics, though.

This forum is turning too pussy-footed. Go on some other forums and most of you'd get flamed after 5 minutes. Yes it's lovely and cosy with all the peace and the singing and the flowers, but there needs to be a shit stirrer once in a while.

No, he hasn't made a "tonnage" of controversial threads/posts, it's just that he sorta disappeared, then reappeared again just to do this sorta thing. It could just be I was reading them wrong or something, but they just seemed like he was spoiling for a fight really. If people want to do that, go ahead, it's just that from looking at the amount of work that Simon's put into trials-shack and how much he's helped out a lot of people, it just seems Adam was deliberately trying to be a twat to him. Again, I may have read that wrong, but that's how it came across to me. I just thought it was needless, but there we go...

Si make you mind up, If you offer someone money back, expect them to ask for it.

I agree with lee, stop paying for TS out of your own pocket, I keep telling you its harsh but true, No company will want to save trials shack, they will want to profit from that - however possible.

Keep all the files, look for sponsorship but cancel server until its founded by someone other than yourself.

Will everyone please chillax? Adam paid £5 and then the server went down. Si said he could have it back, so he asked for it? I don't really see who's done what wrong. If I had just paid £5 to TS and then it went down, I'd be a bit annoyed. You pay money you expect to get something. Fair enough Si has coughed up a lot of money for TS, but he wouldn't have done that unless he wanted to.

I didn't offer to give it back. He asked, i complied.

How ever much i would love to keep all the trials-shack files, theres no chance in hell im about to go and download 24gb ish. <_<

I will backup the MySQL database though.

This whole donation issue has worn thin now by the way. Find it funny though, how everyone else is fine with their donations, even those who gave 10 or even 15, but yet theres always one, for the grand sum of 5 who has to kick up a fuss.

Koxx said decline by the way, and the other two still not replied. I'm not expecting them too either.

A donation. That's exactly what it was. People donate money to charity all the time. People donate money to try and find a cure for breast cancer. Has a cure been found yet? No. Have millions of people asked for their money back? No.

Possibly over-exagerating a tad, but you get my drift.

I hope you two contributed to trials-shack. If so, you can reclaim it on friday. Si has a lot of money in his paypal account and is more than happy to reimburse you. People always want something for nothing on here.

Well sorry to piss on you bonfire, but yes i did contribute..on more than one occasion.

Meh i dont care, if you want your 5er back go ahead. <_<

How ever much i would love to keep all the trials-shack files, theres no chance in hell im about to go and download 24gb ish. :P

If you can get me access to the FTP ill download everything, thats 24gb bandwidth straight out the window though :bunny: My computers on pretty much 24-7 and 24gb wont take that long (in the grand scheme of things). Can back it up to DVD-R and send copies to whoever wants them (or send you the master copies and you can do whatever you want with them - maybe get a bit of cash back?) Please please please just dont delete everything!

Might not come to that though, good luck with the other companies :)

Thanks for everything Simon, for trying to get Safari to work and all that! :)

Why doesn't somebody set up a tracker and then people can just make torrents for videos. It's not illeagal because the videos don't make profit. If I knew anything about computers I would, but I don't. Makes sense to me, is it reasonable?

Haz

[...]

Why doesn't somebody set up a tracker and then people can just make torrents for videos. It's not illeagal because the videos don't make profit. If I knew anything about computers I would, but I don't. Makes sense to me, is it reasonable?

[...]

It starts here with the

BitTorrent Frequently Asked Questions

If you can get me access to the FTP ill download everything, thats 24gb bandwidth straight out the window though :) My computers on pretty much 24-7 and 24gb wont take that long (in the grand scheme of things). Can back it up to DVD-R and send copies to whoever wants them (or send you the master copies and you can do whatever you want with them -  maybe get a bit of cash back?) Please please please just dont delete everything!

Might not come to that though, good luck with the other companies :)

Then when a solution is found can put it all back up for everyone if your feeling nice.

I hope something is sorted, be nice if the biketrial companies took notice of Trials-Shack as half of their riders video's go on their because they pay for s*** servers that offer 4b/s and take 15 hours to download a 3 min video which is appauling.

I think that someone will help the situation. Hope they do anyway.

Is there no way TF and TS can like combine with some form of advertising. Or a subscription service like Neowin.net. Those who pay get access to a fast 100mbit line and those who dont get a slower line or something? Just an idea.

Edited by Team War Rider

• 2 weeks later...

I think somone should set up a DC hub so every one can share all their video files and then every one wins. Yay, wouldnt be hard either. Sorry for bringing the post back up. I come here once every three months these days.

Edited by hydroboy