The Gym Thread...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

Haven't done for about three or four months or so now. I have no idea what either of those things are!

Awesome to hear dude, keep it up! I mentioned smoking because nicotine greatly speeds up the degrading and lowers the effect of caffeine so any caffeine based stim would not be effective. Also you can use nicotine as a stim if you are using a nicotine product such as patch or gum.  Nicotine is the only stimulant that actually calms you down meaning no jittery effects. Very effective stim too! However take it one hour before gym as it typically has a half life that can affect your anabolic window after a workout. Bonus too is that nicotine can act as a mild Ai effectively lowering estrogen in turn raising tests. Nicotine also affects a part of your hormone endocrine system causing a temporary rise in DHT.  DHT is king of all anabolic. Makes pure testosterone look pathetic! Finally don't forget the thermogenic fat burning effects it has.  As long as you are resistant enough to cycle it on and off without becoming to intolerant and/or reliant and can keep up the caloric intake with the suppressed hunger it can be very effective.

Edited by bike_dummie

Any stim based pre-workouts MUST be cycled too! You WILL become reliant on them be it caffeine, nicotine etc. 

Noxygen and hemavol are pump based pre workout supps to increase that pumped feeling you get when you push weights. That feeling is a balloned feeling in the muscles they look and feel bigger and firmer. This is your body pumping blood into the working muscles hence the pump name. Noxygen etc are usually nitrate based which in my knowledge admittedly not great on this subject but I think it brings more air into the blood in turn then into the  muscle increasing the volume giving greater pump. 

Common known fact bigger the pump the bigger the growth. 

Edited by bike_dummie

On a similar note, if anyone is looking for isotonic / energy drinks, I can highly recommend Olimp Iso Plus in Orange flavour.

It's proper rocket fuel, which massively helped when I did the Brecon Beacons Beast and helped me do more than twice the usual distance on the rowers at the gym.

My fitness is improving, but there's no doubt that stuff has helped fuel my training.

You can pick up pretty big bags of it on eBay for about £13, well worth it. Be aware that it stains bottles / camelbaks though!

Loving that the advice for a recently quit smoker is to get bang on the nicotine. 

No offence intended, but there's absolutely no way I'm putting that amount of scientific thought into my training. I'm not trying to win any prizes, just had a 'free' spot in my basket as part of a deal ;)

Loving that the advice for a recently quit smoker is to get bang on the nicotine. 

No offence intended, but there's absolutely no way I'm putting that amount of scientific thought into my training. I'm not trying to win any prizes, just had a 'free' spot in my basket as part of a deal ;)

I mainly wrote it because if you was using a substitute you could easily regulate the doses of your substitute such as a vape or gum etc to read large benefits. Sorry I wrote a lot I tend to waffle when I'm tired haha :P

Oh yeah before anybody slates me I'm not encouraging smoking. I'm talking pure synthetic nicotine. Tobacco is a muscle constrictor. 

Edited by bike_dummie

Does nicotine not harden your arteries and have a generally worse effect on your body than a few mg of caffeine? :P

No caffeine does not harden arteries, tthat some from smoking, the burning of tobacco. There are a few nicotine transdermal supplement on the market now due to the stimulant effects.

Caffeine is fine but you need to cycle it or you become reliant. Nicotine would have been good if using it to quit smoking. Just regulate the dosage. Lower in the day and higher before the workout. 

No caffeine does not harden arteries, tthat some from smoking, the burning of tobacco. There are a few nicotine transdermal supplement on the market now due to the stimulant effects.

Caffeine is fine but you need to cycle it or you become reliant. Nicotine would have been good if using it to quit smoking. Just regulate the dosage. Lower in the day and higher before the workout. 

Although it sounds like it could have a benefit, I don't think using something addictive is a great idea.. how are you meant to cycle it? It's the perfect product really, you have to do enough marketing for people to start using it and you've got profit for years..

I personally want to try Legion's Forge pre-workout, it's a company run by Mike Mathews who's got a very good youtube channel if you want to check it out. He basically created a caffeine free pre-workout using products that are scientifically proven to help lose fat when training fasted. 

https://legionathletics.com/products/supplements/forge/?kme=Forge

Problem is that it's quite expensive, but I've seen some good reviews from it. 

Try the Adapt Nutrition one, pretty mmuch the same. The guy who started the company is friends with my cousin (who's a full time trainer and comp bodybuilder) and he spent months tweaking the ingredients until he was 100% happy with it and had a lot of good feedback. And it tastes really nice as well, not just stupidly sweet!

Try the Adapt Nutrition one, pretty mmuch the same. The guy who started the company is friends with my cousin (who's a full time trainer and comp bodybuilder) and he spent months tweaking the ingredients until he was 100% happy with it and had a lot of good feedback. And it tastes really nice as well, not just stupidly sweet!

Except it's got 300mg of caffeine per serving! 

Although it sounds like it could have a benefit, I don't think using something addictive is a great idea.. how are you meant to cycle it? It's the perfect product really, you have to do enough marketing for people to start using it and you've got profit for years..

I personally want to try Legion's Forge pre-workout, it's a company run by Mike Mathews who's got a very good youtube channel if you want to check it out. He basically created a caffeine free pre-workout using products that are scientifically proven to help lose fat when training fasted. 

https://legionathletics.com/products/supplements/forge/?kme=Forge

Problem is that it's quite expensive, but I've seen some good reviews from it. 

Nicotine is no more addictive than caffeine. Nicotine gets a bad impression. By cycling I mean to run it on for a set time and then not run it for a set period. An example could be 2 months nicotine -  1 month nothing -  2 months caffeine and repeat. This would be a stimulant based stack.  This is also the main reason there are caffeine free pre-workout supps to cycle on and off caffeine so you would swap nicotine out for a caffeine free pre-workout. Pre-workout is to give you a buzz to enhance training not a supplement you need to train well. You should always push 100% in the gym pre-workout is to allow you to push 110%. They are not designed to be used to push 100%, hence there supplements. 

Hate to hate but that supplement sounds like rubbish sorry dude. Sounds like a con. Most of the market is! It's also from my quick look a fat burner not a good dictated pretty workout. 

If you want a supplement there are 3 companies and only three I would ever look to for natural supplements. They are -  molecular nutrition -  Select -  black lion research. Used all three and they were amazing. Done exactly what they said. 

Black lion research sell an all in one natural anabolic fat burner. Unlike any other fat burner it is built around real supplements that have anabolic fat burning effects. You are likely to gain muscle whilst burning fat till you hit low levels. The ingredients also act as a pre-workout due to heighten focus. I cannot remember what fat burners they use but they include a non stimulant, stimulant and thermogenic. The supps called incidenerate. 

Why is it really good though? Nothing worse than recommending something you know nothing about regardless if he's a good bloke. Don't take me the wrong way I'm sure it's works but what makes it so good to buy it instead of another? 

Too much Bro science ;) 

Why is it really good though? Nothing worse than recommending something you know nothing about regardless if he's a good bloke. Don't take me the wrong way I'm sure it's works but what makes it so good to buy it instead of another? 

Too much Bro science ;) 

It works, best one I've used by far. Good pump, not specifically loads of energy but where I'd normally struggle I don't, no massive comedown. I plan on buying more soon but I've got a bag of Bulk Powders Elevate and one and a half bags of GoNutrition Volt which I've got in bulk deals to go at yet.

Also, I don't know the guy I was recommended it by my cousin who's been bodybuilding for a few years now so he's tried a lot of different products.

It works, best one I've used by far. Good pump, not specifically loads of energy but where I'd normally struggle I don't, no massive comedown. I plan on buying more soon but I've got a bag of Bulk Powders Elevate and one and a half bags of GoNutrition Volt which I've got in bulk deals to go at yet.

Also, I don't know the guy I was recommended it by my cousin who's been bodybuilding for a few years now so he's tried a lot of different products.

Never heard of those other ppre-workouts but had a look at that adapt one and it seems pretty good! Would still like to cycle it to keep reliance at bay with the high stimulant content.

Sorry I was in a bit of a rush and miss read. Sorry I apologise for my false accusations :D

If you want ;)  haha pump does mean more gains.  Not directly related but they are related. Think about it after all what is pump. It's more blood and blood serves a large purpose on hypertrophy. 

Thanks ;) I can get a good 'pump' if I curl 6 pints of milk for a few minutes, that's obviously going to do nothing!

Hypertrophy occurs because of progressive overload- if you're lifting heavier and heavier you'll grow.  I think getting a good 'pump' is purely psychological, if a pre-workout allows you to lift heavier whilst also giving you a better pump, the pump is just a bonus.  

Thanks ;) I can get a good 'pump' if I curl 6 pints of milk for a few minutes, that's obviously going to do nothing!

Hypertrophy occurs because of progressive overload- if you're lifting heavier and heavier you'll grow.  I think getting a good 'pump' is purely psychological, if a pre-workout allows you to lift heavier whilst also giving you a better pump, the pump is just a bonus.  

Yes but you are talking about the direct correlation of pump to muscle growth, am I right? 

Yes but you are talking about the direct correlation of pump to muscle growth, am I right? 

I am. But pump is blood being trapped in your muscles rather than an 'increase of blood flow' so I don't see how it would increase hypertrophy. I'm not trying to argue, just literally trying to understand the reasoning behind it!