The Gym Thread...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

How can I put on more mass? Are those mass gainers worth it where they are like 1000calories a shake?

No, they are one of the biggest waste of money on the market!

Make your own, you can tailor it to your caloric intake too! Branded mass gainers are full of shit! All those carbs they say they deliver.. they are just sugar no real use but they can say it has carbs on the label.

Simply Mass gainers make you fat!

Isitafox has the right idea!

• Like 1

took last month off the gym, first week this month was hard as balls but this week i've deadlifted 200kg and squatted 180kg, i'm well impressed with myself. gonna see if i can set a new pb for bench press tomorow!

Knackered my back, had to lay off the deadlifts and squats.

Have been to see an Osteo and I will need a bit of treatment and a massive deload. :mellow:

Did bench 105kg though, so I'll take that.

That's a bit of a set back dude, how long will you be out for? :mellow:

105kg is a strong bench though, I'm aiming for 100kg by the end of summer- been doing a 5x5 and seen improvements :)

Gained just over 2 pounds in weight and body fat has dropped 0.5% all in 4 weeks! Slow and steady :D

Also anybody on here tried Acnedren by black lion research labs? I suffer from facial and body acne, nothing extreme just but i get alot of blackheads and spots particularly on my face and at 18 its a bit annoying.

I was wondering if anybody on here has used it or know someone who has or is currently? I have read logs but they are mainly logging on the control of acne whilst on cycle (steroids).

Hi guys

I know it is not the best thread to post, but it is the closest I can get to work out

My summer got planned, and as far as it seems I will spend 3 weeks in England (= not a home)in June, 1-2-3 weeks in July in England, and a few days in London then 2 weeks in Brazil (Further announcement regarding Brazil will come at 2nd of June :) )

I do want to to some exercise, as I would like to gain a bit of strength (basically to make sure I can lift 20 Kgs stuff around easier) and some stamina, so I can do a competition for a week straight

What I was thinking is some body weight training ( all I need is a floor and chair, that can be found at hotel ) and some weight exercise when I can.

Although I do not have any idea for Stamina. I think the longer and longer sessions should be fine?

My main goal is to get some strength, stamina and hopefully lose a bit of weight.

Nothing extreme nothing bodybuilding, just to get a bit fit

Something like 5*[day] push up/sit up/plank [ so day 1 = 5 push up, day 2 is 2*5 and so on) should be sufficient?

That's a bit of a set back dude, how long will you be out for? :mellow:

105kg is a strong bench though, I'm aiming for 100kg by the end of summer- been doing a 5x5 and seen improvements :)

6 weeks give or take. It's just a few tight muscles in my lumbar that are a but unhappy. Just need to stretch it out.

Did some light straight leg deads today and already feeling better.

6 weeks give or take. It's just a few tight muscles in my lumbar that are a but unhappy. Just need to stretch it out.

Did some light straight leg deads today and already feeling better.

Ah nothing too crippling then, have you been given specific exercises to do my a physio? Good luck with the recovery :)

Does anyone have any tips on reverse dieting? Finishing my cut, and looking to increase my calories back to a sustaining/ slow gains level- should I be doing this +50 calories a week or is that a little fast? I've lost around 5kg in 3 months or so, so I imagine my metabolism has adjusted and is what's causing my weight to plateau at 68.8 where I've been at for 3 weeks or so. Any techniques to rev it back up without putting a load of fat on again would be appreciated :P

I do want to to some exercise, as I would like to gain a bit of strength (basically to make sure I can lift 20 Kgs stuff around easier) and some stamina, so I can do a competition for a week straight

What I was thinking is some body weight training ( all I need is a floor and chair, that can be found at hotel ) and some weight exercise when I can.

Although I do not have any idea for Stamina. I think the longer and longer sessions should be fine?

I would definitely say that the 'insanity' workouts are what you're looking for, they are a set of videos by Sean T (who although is a twat has actually produced a good series) for doing at home to focus on exactly what you're after with no equipment needed.

The DVDs cost around £70 but can be easily obtained online, I followed it for around 3 weeks (increasing intensity so if you're fairly fit already start a little ahead) and definitely felt my strength and stamina improve as I progressed through the videos.

Hope this helps :)

A little advice from an ACSM CPT, yeah, Insanity is great...it gets people active and off the couch. But past that...meh. Nothing replaces weights. Period. If you're fat and want to lose weight, weights. You want to gain mass, weights. You want to get strong, weights.

If you want to get strong and want something SIMPLE? Do squats (and box squats for the explosive power), deadlifts and dips. Those 3 give equal amounts of pulling, pushing and work your lower body AND core. If you vary your DLs you can build a MASSIVE back and hamstrings. Dips CRUSH your shoulders and chest if you vary the body position and do them weighted. Squats are self explanatory.

Obviously that's a very SIMPLISTIC approach and more exercises should be added but those "big 3" will get you strong as shit and fairly minimal technique is needed as compared to other olympic lifts like snatches and jerks.

You want good cardio? Go do hill sprints or go ride a road bike or take a spin class. That's the FASTEST way to get insane good cardio without beating your body up with loads of running.

If you want to do things without equipment...you're kinda out of luck....Buy a set of rings and you can get a FULL body workout almost anywhere. Yes, you can even do leg and core exercises on rings. It's all bodyweight, but it's low leverage....so it's arguably as effective as lifting weights. Be forwarned though...the learning curve on a lot of ring moves take a hefty bit of building up to. Prepare to be humbled REALLY quickly on rings.

Edited by rupintart

Doing the worst leg session ever, pretty much writing off being able to walk for at least a week after this.....

ever tried reducing the volume,upping intensity and doing legs twice a week?

i guess by the fact you say you wont be able to walk you will be doing 20+ sets? :wink:

deadlifted 220kg for a single rep yesterday. got a 180 squat with parallel thighs and a 125 bench press on wednesday too. i set out to make the 1000lbs club in december, i'm now totalling 1150lbs for the 3 lifts. awww yisssss

• Like 1

i did indeed use straps, i also filmed myself ;)

while i upload it, enjoy this video about a digger themed theme park

digger video is staying

Went there years ago for a birthday! Was that or lego land and it was the best decision I ever made!

Good lift dude! Just keep that upper back abit tighter

Went there years ago for a birthday! Was that or lego land and it was the best decision I ever made!

I went there once, and the snow machine wasn't working and loads of diggers were out of order. Worst. Day. Ever!

I'll be doing deadlifts tonight, hoping for 115kg for 5x5, not quite as impressive!

• Like 1

Went to the gym, but due to my gym closing at 4pm (ridiculous, I know) I missed back day yesterday so did a squats and deadlifts session today with the little time I had, and a quick abs workout at the end.

Ended up doing 6 sets 8x100kg in the squats which felt heavy but I could probably slap on another 5kg. Then 4 sets 10x100kg in the deadlifts using my new wrist straps (which are the best £3 I've ever spent), had perfect form and felt like I was more in control. Really felt like I've made progress today, feeling good! :)