Vw's On The Trials Forum

nmt_oli

Yeah, the rear's need 10's for sure, and maybe a little more drop (got about 15mm to play with before it starts wrecking the handling/being impractical). But I'm really liking the wheels. Just gotta get paid, flog the ATS's (got a buyer lined up) buy these, and then stick the teledials up for sale.

Anyone want some Porsche teledials, 15x7, et23?

Why did VW forget how to make cars pretty much strait after the berlin wall came down :( Nothing like a bit of good old cold war for improving vehicle manufacturing.

Spend most of the afternoon trying to do a couple of simple jobs on a mates mk3, and was constantly foiled by stupid little things, like bolts rounding and 7mm allen keys. And yet the same 2 of us managed to change the engine in my 88 rocco in a day.

It all went down hill after the MK2s, better not to bother with any VAG after that.

f**k off nob winkle, what about EVERY Audi that was made from 1993 to 2005 (when they started to look like Winnie the Pooh) ?

lol, amazing joke for you all...

Whats grey and covered in curry ?

John Majors balls !

Anybody know if you can get poly engine mounts for a mk2 golf gti?

Yeah, but most people opt for alloy ones.

Jabbasport should have what you need.

*Vibratechnics are the alloy/poly ones I'm on about (Y)

http://www.newdimensions.com/00_global/04_...bra/mk2-g-j.asp

Edited by Pashley26

• 1 month later...

2 month bump :S

Anyone know which way the cam tensioner should be turned on an 8v 1800 to tension it? Mine was turned anticlockwise, but having had the belt off and had a good look at it all, it looks more like it should be turned clockwise. The haynes book of guess's was no help at all.

Basically should it look like the blue one or the red one?

CamBelttensioner.jpg

Edited by RobinJI

Red/clockwise, use a pair of small allen keys to get it tight enough too (Y)

Cool cheers, Looks like it should go that way, was just thrown by the fact it was the other way before. I've got a random old bike tool that's meant for doing the little locking caps on self extracting crank bolts, and an old school type of bottom bracket that fits in there perfectly and lets you tension it up nicely. (Y)

Edited by RobinJI

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, thought i'd post my grandads Bug on here. Haven't seen many aircooleds, where are they all? :P It's a 1968 Type 1, Pre 67 panels allround, its had a body off restoration, full respray in 'Guinea Blau'. Lowered one spline at the back with an adjustable beam up front. Rollin on riveras, not the most popular wheel, but they look better than Empi 8's i think. It's currently got a 1600 engine which I built with my Grandad, well, i built the whole thing with him really. He's looking for an Oval window Beetle to restore (1953-1957 i think) so if anyone knows of one PM me please! Hope you like it

Cheers

4256441522_f1c6987e14.jpg

4256441398_1a19a4cc0e.jpg

4256441350_d269b76793_o.jpg

• 11 months later...

Been a while since i posted in this thread...... back on page 40 it seems. had a few dubs since then.

I had a polo gti for a while. got it how i wanted, then sold on.

DSCF1727.jpg

Then a polo colour concept (only a poor 1.4 16v) once again, was happy with it. sold on.

2.jpg

Then a caddy pickup gti ( kr engine, kent cams, straight through exhause and remap. 182bhp)

DSC00040-2.jpg

And got a bora right now. not sure for how long though.

DSCF2138.jpg

also 1.8t ing a mk1 golf with a mate, Pretty solid base for £400 :) (has been dry stored in a garage for the last 15 od years)

DSCF2135.jpg

Edited by j-bonham@hotmail.com