Who Puts Tar On Rails?

Davetrials

I don't really see the problem. If you see a nice rail gap and you just want a bit more confidence, go for it. It's not "altering the section" because it's not a section. In conclusion: Do what the f**k you want :)

i prefer to jizz in public to give me extra grip :turned:

na i dont see the point. It altering a section lol. I don't think they'd let you put tar on during a comp :P

to be fair i have seen riders alter sections in comps (both bike and moto) not massively but kick rocks out the way and move rocks to help as kickers and stuff. how is this different?

Never done it myself, rails are pretty grippy really because your tyre wraps round it and the only time it doesn't grip you ain't on the rail properly (i don't think tar would help in that case) or if its wet (then you dry it or don't bother :ermm: )

I think putting tar, hammering, waxing is all a bit too close to the bone as far as vandalism is concerned. So you won't find me doing it.

I see a lot of people screw up backwheeling a wall and then claim that their back brake slipped. And to be fair it can feel like that at the time. But if you watch it, or watch a video - they are just not getting high enough and therefore on to it properly.

I'd say the same thing about rails. Unless they are wet, they shouldn't be a problem. So if you're not gripping, you're not on it properly.

me and dj did it once,about three years ago on a drop gap to rail,but thats the only time we did it,and i've got a feeling it was mr wheeler who told us to do it.it was just a confidence thing,seein as though it was the first rail i'd done,lol.but i dont know of anyone else who's done it

Carl

I think putting tar, hammering, waxing is all a bit too close to the bone as far as vandalism is concerned. So you won't find me doing it.

tar comes off easy enough you know.

Dont see the point in hammering rails though, wtf is that going to do other than f**k the rail up????

We used to always tar rails up, gives it abit more grip.

Abit of a pointless thread to be honest, who cares who tars rails, each to their own!

I'd say the same thing about rails. Unless they are wet, they shouldn't be a problem. So if you're not gripping, you're not on it properly.

rails grip whatever the weather, I have done rail gaps in the pissing rain and it has been fine.

tar sounds like a good idea, but it really isn't needed.

rails grip whatever the weather, I have done rail gaps in the pissing rain and it has been fine.

tar sounds like a good idea, but it really isn't needed.

:S If I take my feet/shoes and run them on a rail they seem to slip quite nicely, same as man-hole covers etc. So going by that principle, I decide not to ride metal things in the rain :P

I don't really see the problem. If you see a nice rail gap and you just want a bit more confidence, go for it. It's not "altering the section" because it's not a section. In conclusion: Do what the f**k you want :)

Spot on there...And people say its like altering a section and you wouldnt do it in a comp...well ive seen plenty of people altering sections at moto trials and even i sometimes kick naughty rocks out the way.Ive never tried tar(never even came across tar before) but then again im not a raily type of person (there scary :unsure: )

I see a lot of people screw up backwheeling a wall and then claim that their back brake slipped. And to be fair it can feel like that at the time. But if you watch it, or watch a video - they are just not getting high enough and therefore on to it properly.

Yep, if you start tagging public furniture with tar (it's not really a nice colourful substance is it?), how are we gonna blame the skaters for the odd scratch and broken furniture ?? :lol::P:D

As other said, improve your smoothness and control.

People probably just do it for confidence?

yeah deffinately my friend used to put it on green elctricity boxes then he realized theres plenty of grip, people do it for extra reasurance. I personally dont bother with it. like the guy says '' i use it when i gap from a phonebox on to something'' thats a good idea! because if your doing a big gap and using alot of power, it can help alot to prevent wheel from slipping and landing on front wheel :rolleyes: ''lmfao''

Sorry to stop the flow - Spode - Your'e a sexy man!!

He He

Darren

:S If I take my feet/shoes and run them on a rail they seem to slip quite nicely, same as man-hole covers etc. So going by that principle, I decide not to ride metal things in the rain :P

Not going to power a grinder/orbital sander for very long is it

http://searchdatacenter.techtarget.com/sDe...i214161,00.html

I know what UPS is..

If it can power a computer for 8 minutes or whatever, it should be able to do the same to a grinder.

It's not IDEAL, but it will work :D